Zenclosures sub boxes

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Whether front or rear firing, it still has to go through the seats. ;)

Front firing typically results in cleaner/tighter bass than rear firing assuming the opening is sealed like with these boxes. Rear firing almost always has better low end bass, especially for SPL setups.
What I was trying to say was that if the sub is right up against the rear seat back, it has no room to breathe... until you fold the seats down of course :)
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Couple of ways to look at it... assuming you'd add an amp to run the subs, a front fire box gives you a place to mount the amp. The flip side is that firing into the back seats might muffle the sound some with the seats up.
If you go rear firing, the sound will be a little cleaner, but you have to find somewhere to mount the amp... all depends on what you're after.
I'm not concerned about where to mount the amps. I can figure that out later. :) My concern is sound quality. Just wondering the front firing isn't too close to the seat backs?

Whether front or rear firing, it still has to go through the seats. ;)

Front firing typically results in cleaner/tighter bass than rear firing assuming the opening is sealed like with these boxes. Rear firing almost always has better low end bass, especially for SPL setups.
I hope the woofer isn't touching the seat back. Or is that a concern?

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
That's what I'm wondering...
What I was trying to say was that if the sub is right up against the rear seat back, it has no room to breathe... until you fold the seats down of course :)

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
What's the difference between the types? Ex. Type 1 and 3.. They are both rear facing...

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
And the price is great and looks great! The hard part will be deciding rear or front facing subs :ninja:

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What's the difference between the types? Ex. Type 1 and 3.. They are both rear facing...
Look at how the subs are either flush mounted or recessed and if they are separately recessed or in the same trim ring.

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
It's 3/4" MDF, they are pretty heavy...if you're adding subs weight isn't normally your first concern. That said, I take my sub box out before I head to the track.
Where is your amp mounted? Do you just unplug the speaker cable and pop the box out?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
i had one of their boxes in my old '13 vert. I could totally see myself getting one again for my '16 vert.

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm still waiting on a corner box since I have my amps mounted to the back of my rear seats. Any word on those?

Sponsored

16GT/CS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Damn that makes for a clean install. I wish I could see the Black with red insert. To tempting......

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I just ordered the one facing the rear seats. Will post pics after installed.

OP
OP
stoli

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Where is your amp mounted? Do you just unplug the speaker cable and pop the box out?
My amp is in the spare tire well and yeah, I just unplug it and take out the box. Instant weight loss. Though for road course it may be better if I leave it if for weight balance. :)

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
Just ordered rear facing single 12" recessed for mine! I currently just have a standard cube box that looks out of place from my old car. This will really clean up the looks with the air suspension being installed soon too!

EDIT: 7" depth is factoring in the recess for anyone that is wondering. so even with the 3/4" recess, it is still 7" deep

thanks for the thread OP!

Last edited:

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Any idea what the shipping costs are?
Sponsored