Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
All you Aussie guys, check out the Post "Finally picked up my EU Mustang GT", submitted by Ace from Germany.
There is a photo of his car with the front Number Plate Holder fitted to his front bar.
This is probably what will be fitted to our cars or a similar style.
I hope ours is not as long as our Number Plates are shorter in length than the European Number Plates.
Having said that, I see a lot of cars on our roads with Number Plate Holders that are a lot larger than our Aussie Number Plates.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Just arrange with your dealer that you dont want them to affix the front number plate, that you have a holder you will provide.

OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Just arrange with your dealer that you dont want them to affix the front number plate, that you have a holder you will provide.
They may be fitted prior to arrival at your dealer.
Could be fitted when the Australian Compliance Plate is attached to the car when it is in the Customs Processing Area when they arrive in Australia.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
I am assuming they will all arrive in the same port, NSW. then Shipped to each state, so it will be at the delaer localtion that plates are delivered and fitted.

Reading the Euro posts, those plate mounts are custom by another site member as one of the dealers asked where he got it from.

USA have got a few mounts that people have made for selling and the same needs to be done for us. We cant use the USA bracket mounts as it doesnt work with the PP section under the spoiler.

Any industrious person here wants to make a few bucks? I think a side mount like some of the alfa would be nicer. The law here in VIC is simple, see clearly from 20 metres.

Ohh and this will be the first MOD we all need to make :D

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
My Mustang will be Black and I've ordered the premium slimline plates in white background/black lettering. So I wouldn't be too concerned about a black mounting bracket but that looks huge.

I'll just wait until the car comes off the truck at the dealer and see what we have to deal with.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I am assuming they will all arrive in the same port, NSW. then Shipped to each state, so it will be at the delaer localtion that plates are delivered and fitted.
They are getting shipped to Brisbane, Port Kembla, Melbourne and Perth from what I've seen - probably being complied by either Prixcar or Patricks.

I would suspect that the number plate mounts would be in the boot for dealer fitment - none of the other models Ford sells here come with non integrated number plate mounts already fitted.

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
I have NSW Personalised Number Plates that will go onto my car when it arrives.
I'm not sure why you would want to fit Euro Style Number Plates to a USA designed and manufactured car.

USA designed car, now for the global markets, compromises must be made or we (rest of the world) would not get the Mustang.
The USA number plates look small & out of place (IMHO), in the now huge number plate cavity on the rear bar of the Mustang.
Hmmm, I certainly will be checking out the PPQ euro plate option here in Qld. I'm not sure if all the other states have this option.

Sponsored

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
They may be fitted prior to arrival at your dealer.
Could be fitted when the Australian Compliance Plate is attached to the car when it is in the Customs Processing Area when they arrive in Australia.
I have been informed that this is not the case, that the dealer will affix plates as part of the buying process.
The same goes if you have a plate already to go on the vehicle.
As for NSW, I have asked and been advised that the plate can either be picked up by myself, or sent to the nearest registry to the dealer.

OP
OP

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ I'm pretty sure Red Stang is referring to the plate holder and not the plate itself.
Yes, I'm referring to the Number Plate Holder.
I see many imported cars on the road in NSW, where the Number Plate Holder is longer in length than the Number Plate.

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
so the question still begs to be answered, what options do we have to fit plates? I for one do not want to drill holes in the front if it can be avoided.

the euro plate holder wont work for most of us, the US one might work. Is there no one amongst us that knows how to, who knows of someone that can manufacture one that will work here?

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
so there was a post with a Window Sticker, this shows in the options list that a Front Licence Plate Bracket is inlcuded. Looks like it will be a wait and see ... sounds like this is true about most of what we are being told, wait and see what we get.
Sponsored