Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
OK what is the latest on the drive shaft vibration.I have the same problem (vibration 50+)but I live in up state NY and have not been able to drive my Mustang lately due to the several feet of snow and salt on the roads. Also fuel nozzle shuts off at 1/2 tank when filling..I will be taking it to the dealer in the next couple weeks and would like to know how other people got these issues resolved,Could any one PLEASE post their fixes? Thanks,Bill
Sponsored

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Thank you icarumba you have been a big help on this forum. Do you think I should PM Rachel before I take it to the dealer? As I said before I am a auto Tech with 35 years experience,I am 90 % sure its the drive shaft..never 100% sure in this business haha. Did anyone else get their drive shaft replaced? or balanced? Thanks,Bill

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Once the weather clears back up and I get my replacement tire, I'm making another appointment to have mine evaluated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you icarumba you have been a big help on this forum. Do you think I should PM Rachel before I take it to the dealer? As I said before I am a auto Tech with 35 years experience,I am 90 % sure its the drive shaft..never 100% sure in this business haha. Did anyone else get their drive shaft replaced? or balanced? Thanks,Bill
Hey Bill,

When are you heading to the dealer? Shoot me a PM with your VIN, dealer info, name, and phone number. I'll look into options on my end to assist. :D

Jeff :ford:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There should be an alignment mark on the D/S where it meets up with the flanges. If not aligned, you could get an overall driveline imbalance. Your cars might not have been assembled properly if they don't find a QC issue with the D/S.

That's my guess.

Sponsored

bigdaddyspank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOrange GT Premium, 2013 GT500
Vibration at 50-70 MPH

I came up with the solution!!!! LOL I traded that EcoBitch in today for a 2015 Mustang GT Premium Competition Orange, 6 Speed Manual.

No more vibrations lol!

Incidentally, I drove a GT V-8 Automatic also, and there were no vibrations. So it seems this may be a V-6 and EcoBoost issue.....as both GT's, (Auto and Manual) were smooth all the way to a Hundo!

Now I am happy!:cheers::ford:

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Congrats on the new car bigdaddy..Did they find any thing on the old car vibration or did they just offer you a great deal on a new car??

bigdaddyspank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOrange GT Premium, 2013 GT500
vibrations

lol, I never said a word about it.......I figured you guys have been through the ringer on the issue and:headbonk: I wasn't about to start that adventure. I just told them I wanted more power.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Maybe that's whats wrong with mine. But i though it was those damn loud ass Pirellis I don't hear anything till around 65 or 70. Just kinda figured it was the tires. Mines more of a noise and just a tad vibration.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
This is a distressing thread. I am seriously thinking of selling my Porsche 1990 S2 summer car and getting into something a little more useable for trips and what not. I've know enough about the tranny issues to take a chance, but I'll lose my sh*t if I have a driveline vibration. No lemon law here so your at the mercy of Ford and their rep for steeping up and fixing issues is not the best.

Thinking of a Vert V6 manual with the power seat and 18 inch wheel option together with the 3.55 limited slip rear end. List is $33,600 CDN. Price went up $350 last week and could keep rising as our dollar falls.

Don't think V6s or Ecos have arrived in Ontario. Only Stangs listed on autotrader are GTs. Don't think my local Ford store even orders them for general sale so buying what I want off the lot will be next to impossible. Probably going to have to wait a few more months and see if this driveshaft issue is a one off or a trend. Had dinner once with a Ford Service manager last year and he told me that the previous gen Escapes had issues with bad drive shafts and some customers got them replaced while others didn't as it was hit and miss with the Ford warranty ppl.

Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
I'll be watching for your results. I really like the car overall, but I can't get screwed on this particular purchase.

Guard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I have this slight vibration issue as well. I honestly thought it was a characteristic of the performance package and the stiffer springs in the front. The rear view mirror vibrates enough to make it difficult to see. I have to push up on the mirror so that i'm able to clearly see behind... hmmmm

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Oor UOTE=Guard;492419]I have this slight vibration issue as well. I honestly thought it was a characteristic of the performance package and the stiffer springs in the front. The rear view mirror vibrates enough to make it difficult to see. I have to push up on the mirror so that i'm able to clearly see behind... hmmmm[/QUOTE]

does the vibration decrease / increase or go away at different speeds or rpms?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
If your mirror vibrates enough to blur the image, either your subwoofer is cranking or you have a driveline issue...;)

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I thought I had this issue but driving it again and comparing it with descriptions of issue here made me think I don't have it. I have GT PP. a little vibration on the hands. Not in the butt. And not all the time. Probably from cold perillis or road surface.
Sponsored