OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for the thread and pictures on these. Mine are on the way. Anything in particular I should know before installing?
Get a muffler shop to connect them to your catback unless you are handy with a welder.

Throw away the clamps and use band clamps as discussed in previous replys in this thread.

Follow the CJPP install video and use ARP bolts instead of stock studs.
Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Thanks. I saw you used the recommended clamps from summit and looks like they worked out well.

I was thinking I'd need to get some welding done. Right now I'm running a MBRP SS street cat back. It's 3" but necks down to connect to the factory pipes. I'll get that neck down area cut off and then connected to the pipes off of the headers. Everything else is stainless so of course I'll want 3" stainless pipe to connect so I'll have to take it somewhere. I have a mig welder for steel and aluminum but can't do stainless.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Thanks. I saw you used the recommended clamps from summit and looks like they worked out well.

I was thinking I'd need to get some welding done. Right now I'm running a MBRP SS street cat back. It's 3" but necks down to connect to the factory pipes. I'll get that neck down area cut off and then connected to the pipes off of the headers. Everything else is stainless so of course I'll want 3" stainless pipe to connect so I'll have to take it somewhere. I have a mig welder for steel and aluminum but can't do stainless.
Just buy you a spool of stainless wire at the tractor supply

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

You can mig weld it. Shit I arc welded mine. I live in Texas so the welds aren't subjected to rusting out like they would in other states. I also welded my extension pipes off of the car so it was easier.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m glad everything fit smoothly, and you’re happy with your purchase. Take notice, that there’s nothing but “crickets” from the haters!

Sponsored

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Guess I was thinking TIG was needed for stainless. Looks like I can buy a spool of 309. I will be welding it up myself it looks like. I'll practice on the cut off from the cat back. =)

Guess that means more money staying in my pocket for other mods. :clap2:

OP
OP
Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I’m glad everything fit smoothly, and you’re happy with your purchase. Take notice, that there’s nothing but “crickets” from the haters! ����
That's right! IMO my exhaust looks better than name brands like Texas Speed or BBK so I'm happy. Plus it's full 3 inch. No bottle necks here lol

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21343]Scott Wilson[/MENTION] nice job. Good info in this thread. Thanks for that. [MENTION=17955]chain[/MENTION] are u getting flux cored wire or will you need a shielding gas?

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
[MENTION=21343]Scott Wilson[/MENTION] nice job. Good info in this thread. Thanks for that. [MENTION=17955]chain[/MENTION] are u getting flux cored wire or will you need a shielding gas?
I'll use solid wire with gas. I have C25 right now. Looked it up and while not preferred sounds like it'll work fine. I'll try it on some scrap and see how it does. If I'm not happy I'll see what it costs to get tri mix. Even if I have to do that, still a lot cheaper than paying someone else to do it.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Tri mix is the way to go but 75/25 will work. It'll just make the welds look dirtier. Good luck! You can buy a small spool of flux cored and not run a gas if you have to. A little harder to run but should be doable

Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i have no regrets buying my quality american made kooks. guess not everyones a patriot:)

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I hardly think that buying kooks headers makes anyone a patriot, or someone buying a different brand less of one.

Scott, thanks for the informative thread.

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I hardly think that buying kooks headers makes anyone a patriot, or someone buying a different brand less of one.

Scott, thanks for the informative thread.
Completely agreed!

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Completely agreed!
I'll tell you what would be patriotic. Flooding the American legal system with attorneys from third world countries. They would work for 25% of what American attorneys work for and are probably better. Like these headers.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
i have no regrets buying my quality american made kooks. guess not everyones a patriot:)
While 60% of the parts used to build your car are from outside the USA...so does that make you only 60% patriotic?
Sponsored