Tomtop Unit Fixes

IDOC28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
This should just be good to copy straight on to the unit's SD card, yeah?
Yep, just follow the instructions from stangatx, but use the files from my other post.

If you have already updated to the January 2017 (AKA July 2016) update, you do not need all of the files. I have the latest lang.en.xml file, which I fixed the "one Connected" on.

Here is the link to filecopy and the latest lang.en.xml file with "one Connected" fixed:
(Note: this WILL NOT REVERT you back to the Chinese play/pause button)
(If you still have the Chinese play/pause, use the files from my previous post and complete the full update instead)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3txlcwpfudyvjbt/AAA9qtqT1i_5J1kEid740WHNa?dl=0

Instructions:
1. Download both files and put them on an empty micro SD card.
2. Put the card in your unit and go to settings->navigation->navigation pathway->storage card->filecopy.
3. Press the home button, then press navigation.
4. On the right hand side of the screen, press "Nflash" --> "enter", then "tourray" --> "enter". (Note: the unit may go back to the home screen several times, just press navigation again each time)
5. Scroll down until you see "lang.en.xml" on the right hand side.
6. On the LEFT hand side, find "lang.en.xml". Select it, then press the top "copy > >" button.
7. Wait 5-10 seconds, then press the "blue arrow" in the top left corner.
8. Now press the home button, then turn the unit off.
9. Remove the SD card and power the unit back on.
10. If you put your navigation card back in, make sure to select your navigation pathway in settings.

NOTE: Make sure your car is running while you do this.

Last edited:

club718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
hey John I did your update but the Chinese is still there in the play/pause button tried with the new lang.xml then I did the full install again and still no fix for the play /pause its still in Chinese. I originally did this install back in January. I used your new files and no fix on play/pause

IDOC28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
hey John I did your update but the Chinese is still there in the play/pause button tried with the new lang.xml then I did the full install again and still no fix for the play /pause its still in Chinese. I originally did this install back in January. I used your new files and no fix on play/pause
That's strange. I don't have the Chinese play/pause issue and never have. My unit came out of the box with the updated files from stangatx. The only issue I corrected was the "one Connected". The Chinese play/pause should have already been fixed from stangatx.
Try doing his latest update from the website, then use my Lang file to fix the "one Connected". Or you can send me your Lang file after the Chinese play/pause is corrected.

The new language file should have changed "one Connected" to "Phone Synced" without bringing back the Chinese play/pause.

Sponsored

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone have bluetooth connection issues? Every now and then it would just drop the connection randomly, but pick it right back up. But now it isnt working at all. I made the system 'forget' my phone to try and repair it, but now my phone always says the connection was unsuccessful. Anyone know how to reset the unit? or is this more a sync problem?

kdpeele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kejuan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can you please tell me how your SD card read after you updated Navi? I got the 2018 North America update file but now I can’t selecy Igoprimo.exe on the tomtop like it’s not reading the SD card.

I bit the bullet and did the "one Connected" fix this evening, along with a navi update. The Connected fix was actually pretty easy.

The navi fix required navigating through some SERIOUSLY sketchy websites to download some files. I had a lot of help from one of the members here and everything ended up fine, but I was cursing more than a little bit.

If anyone knows of a file host that can handle a ~2GB file I'll upload the whole shebang and make a video on how to update navi with it![/QUOT

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Do you mind posting the update file, and I'll see if it is accessible for the nav file

kdpeele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kejuan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do you mind posting the update file, and I'll see if it is accessible for the nav file
It says too large to upload but now knowing that the nav has its own compatibility I doubt it is compatible with the tomtop system. What maps are you using? My issue was they sent me European maps so GPS could not pick up any road data. Really just need a compatible US file doesn’t have to be the newest maps.

kdpeele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kejuan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The website has been updated with the tutorial to update your unit guys!

ENJOY!
Do you still have this video? I’ve had nothing but a headache because they sent me European maps with my unit. Now I can’t even get GPS to open or select the Navi path.

Sponsored

98mfrance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So is stankatx’s website still active? Every time I click on the link from one of his comments it either says the website doesn’t exists or takes me to some weird page completely unrelated

Last edited:

Sp33dyote5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So stankatx’s website still active? Every time I click on the link from one of his comments it either says the website doesn’t exists or takes me to some weird page completely unrelated
The website is down however his android app is working properly we just need somebody to share the Username/password or direct links to the files.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
He stopped supporting the tomtop unit awhile ago, sadly.

Sp33dyote5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
He stopped supporting the tomtop unit awhile ago, sadly.
He did but he also left a good amount files for fixes, updates and some tricks worth checking out. His app still working if anybody wants to check it out just download it to your phone and install. I switch to the tesla-style which was the last one he was working on and supporting but in order to access that a user/pass is needed on his app.

98mfrance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
He did but he also left a good amount files for fixes, updates and some tricks worth checking out. His app still working if anybody wants to check it out just download it to your phone and install. I switch to the tesla-style which was the last one he was working on and supporting but in order to access that a user/pass is needed on his app.
So what is his app for the tomtop unit?
Sponsored