Sponsored

Zenclosures sub boxes

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
How much room between the top of the zen boxes and the rear deck? Enough room for an amp to be mounted either to the top of the box or below the rear deck?
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How much room between the top of the zen boxes and the rear deck? Enough room for an amp to be mounted either to the top of the box or below the rear deck?
its pretty tight, not much room for an amp

gUJmMSIUOFK79djiOLKomrnlKwsmGlFdeMpp5gdErSRl8KWUsqiDWC8abYLB34CqMHb9R1KZ_ir0vZbrdI=w1144-h858-no.jpg

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks man, does the CompVR blend well or is it overpowering with the rest of the factory system?

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks man, does the CompVR blend well or is it overpowering with the rest of the factory system?
I have to have it at about 30% when listening to the radio, and about 60-70% with the level knob with other sources, it's not bad, think I'm running it at 300w rms

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just got the Zen. Box waiting for the full install till I get the paint work finished on the new car. I'm going with a Amp rank where the spare wheel should be for good trunk room :-)

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
I have to have it at about 30% when listening to the radio, and about 60-70% with the level knob with other sources, it's not bad, think I'm running it at 300w rms
I have a Skar DDX 12" that should be running at 950w rms right now and it doesn't feel as loud as it's supposed to be at all. I'm fairly sure the installer set everything up properly. To hear that yours is doing well at 300w makes me wonder what's wrong with mine. I've never had a system before but I can't imagine that 1000 watts shakes my car so little.

On another note to everyone with the box, what have you done to secure it? If I even so much as go WOT shift hard for a gear or two the box goes flying to the back of the trunk. I actually managed to knock it face down yesterday so I've been driving pretty slow since I got it installed.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Most people say it holds in place pretty well, but you could try velcro between the box and the carpet on the bottom or put in some L hooks to hold it a bit more.

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
Most people say it holds in place pretty well, but you could try velcro between the box and the carpet on the bottom or put in some L hooks to hold it a bit more.
That's what I read before I bought it so I didn't worry to secure it. To my surprise the damn thing will go flying pretty easily. I think velcro will be the easier thing to try first. Failing that, I'll anchor it to the metal frame above it or somewhere else that seems sturdy.

I also think this sub is really asking for a bigger, ported box but that defeats the purpose of buying this one. I'll mess with the amp settings to see if it gets better.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Finally ordered my box.. They were nice enough to adjust the airspace to 1 ct. ft. for the sub by taking a little space from the amp rack side.. Should be nice! All of the other parts just arrived to my front door.. So just need to install the wiring and wait on the box..

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Amp and sub installed yesterday.. Think I went overkill because I'm only running it at like 25% gain.. Ha! Do wish there was some sort of bass blocker on the front door subs now... But that's a project for another day!

Sponsored

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m having a hard time picking subs. I got the box for 2 10” subs. I was thinking of going JL W6 or W3. In my other mustang I had one JL W6 12” and loved how clean it was and not boomy.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I have a Skar DDX 12" that should be running at 950w rms right now and it doesn't feel as loud as it's supposed to be at all. I'm fairly sure the installer set everything up properly. To hear that yours is doing well at 300w makes me wonder what's wrong with mine. I've never had a system before but I can't imagine that 1000 watts shakes my car so little.

On another note to everyone with the box, what have you done to secure it? If I even so much as go WOT shift hard for a gear or two the box goes flying to the back of the trunk. I actually managed to knock it face down yesterday so I've been driving pretty slow since I got it installed.
You didn't mention which box you have, but the single 12" enclosures from zenclosures have .85 cu ft of internal space. Your Skar requires 1.75 cu ft after the sub is installed. If you have the single 12 enclosure, you are running at half the recommended airspace for the sub.

The first thing I would do would be to pull the sub and make sure that the box is full of polyfill, if not, pick some up... it has the effect of making the air space seen by the driver seem much larger. It may not totally solve your issue, but it's a cheap and quick change.

There are several other things to check... see what the gains and crossover freq is set to, they may be set too low.

The voice coils on the sub could wired incorrectly or out of phase.

The other thing you could do would be to purchase a dual 12" enclosure and ask zenclosures to only drill one speaker hole, and ask them to open the baffle between the two sealed chambers... that will give you the airspace the Skar needs. Alternatively, you could buy another sub that fits the enclosure you have.

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
"Out of phase" is an incorrect term. It's polarity when referring to the positive and negative terminals. The meanings of the two terms are not interchangeable.

DPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Can anyone tell me the exact measurement of the bottom of the box? I occasionally run a full size spare down in the well (and sticking up out of it a fair bit), and want to know if this will clear. Specifically looking for the depth from the seat back extending into the trunk. I've called and left messages and texted zenclosures, but to no avail. Looking at the front or rear firing single sub with amp rack box. Did not find the dimensions on his site.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can anyone tell me the exact measurement of the bottom of the box? I occasionally run a full size spare down in the well (and sticking up out of it a fair bit), and want to know if this will clear. Specifically looking for the depth from the seat back extending into the trunk. I've called and left messages and texted zenclosures, but to no avail. Looking at the front or rear firing single sub with amp rack box. Did not find the dimensions on his site.
if you look up to post 332, I posted a picture of my box, the bottom is flush with the carpet on either side if that gives you any idea........
Sponsored

Reactions: DPE