• Total voters

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I just got the call and they are telling me it's the schrader valve. Even though I can smell it after a long hot day in the sun. Told them to keep it and let it sit in the sun all day and check.
Sponsored

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Just got my diagnosis, evaporator core $1775 Plus tax. F you Ford this is highway robbery. I'm going to start a war with them, I will continue to complain to them until they do the right thing. If you paid out of pocket keep your receipt incase they do a recall.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Sure glad I held my nose and bought the extended warranty.

Reactions: Ebm

OxfordPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
second failure.

I had the signs of the evaporator failing, warm air on driver side, cold air on passenger side and occasional refrigerant smell in the car. I took it to my dealer and explained to them that a bunch of other owners experienced this issue and it was the evaporator failing, they said no its a bad compressor and replaced that under warranty. That was less than a year ago and I am now out of my warranty period and the A/C just failed again. Same symptoms as last time, warm air on driver side, colder on passenger side. So I would venture to say that obviously the chance of me receiving two defective compressors is slim to none so the car was misdiagnosed the first time it went in. Since I am now out of warranty am I going to be forced to foot the bill for an evaporator and a compressor now since they couldn't correct it the first time?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I had the signs of the evaporator failing, warm air on driver side, cold air on passenger side and occasional refrigerant smell in the car. I took it to my dealer and explained to them that a bunch of other owners experienced this issue and it was the evaporator failing, they said no its a bad compressor and replaced that under warranty. That was less than a year ago and I am now out of my warranty period and the A/C just failed again. Same symptoms as last time, warm air on driver side, colder on passenger side. So I would venture to say that obviously the chance of me receiving two defective compressors is slim to none so the car was misdiagnosed the first time it went in. Since I am now out of warranty am I going to be forced to foot the bill for an evaporator and a compressor now since they couldn't correct it the first time?
Yea, you're screwed. I'd at least call Ford Customer service and put in a claim. I just wonder how many of these compressor and schrader valve failures are true failures and the dealership is taking the easy way out. I have read that the dealership makes much less on a warranty repair than they do for a walk in customer.
I have a feeling the evap is a slow, very slow leak situation and they know they are buying time until the warranty goes out.
find an independent shop to evaluate.

Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
The idea about an independent evaluation and to file a claim with Ford are good ones. I would then go back to the same dealer and try to make a claim as a misdiagnosis (difficult to prove).

I've read threads that Ford is providing some compensation to owners for post warranty repairs for evap failures. I read that is handled by the dealer. Don't know if it's true or not.

But what is true is that my evap assembly has been replaced twice under warranty. In the past the 3 cores leaked between 3-11 months from either the new OEM or the OEM replacements.

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Last week warm air was coming out the driver's side, while cooler air on the passenger side. Dealer diagnosed as a blend door issue, and since the evaporator and blend door are one assembly they replaced it. Picked the car up today, it's blowing cold again both sides. 2015 at 23,000 miles.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Got my car back yesterday. Was the Evap core. Replaced under warranty. Part # FR3Z-19850-Y and 6E5Z-19B596-A. The dealership knew what it was as soon as I said AC is dying. Took 2 days, and got a nice chip and scuff on my bumper now thanks to the dealership. Every time I bring the car for repair somewhere if frigging gets scratched. I try to keep this thing in tip-top shape and other people that should be taking care of it are ruining it.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, HP
I go in on Tuesday. Car has 3800 miles on it. Not a happy camper.

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
2nd A/C visit planned for next week.
Less than 6 months ago, dealer "replaced leaking schrader valve and recharged refrigerant".
Stayed frosty till 2 weeks ago; driver side warmer than passenger vent .
Just like 6 months ago.

Purchased the 120k mile BaseCare Ford Ext Warranty explicitly for this nonsense.
34,750 miles on my outstanding original Goodyear F1 Assyms.
Too bad Goodyear doesn't make evaporators.

Sponsored

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
I've had a vapor core replaced in my 2012, my 15 ecoboost.. and made sure to buy the extended warranty on my 15 GT... for that reason alone. Guess what...

I was returning home from a trip to north carolina Sunday, and about 2 hours in my 8 hour drive home the AC was moving very little air (This was very similar to how both my 12 and Eboost started). Luckily I tried turning it on as soon as I hit the Florida border (I was dying already @ 97 degrees for 3 hours) and it blew cold air all the way back home. I haven't turned the car back on since I got home, but I have a feeling its going to be shortly making its way to the dealer.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I've had a vapor core replaced in my 2012, my 15 ecoboost.. and made sure to buy the extended warranty on my 15 GT... for that reason alone. Guess what...

I was returning home from a trip to north carolina Sunday, and about 2 hours in my 8 hour drive home the AC was moving very little air (This was very similar to how both my 12 and Eboost started). Luckily I tried turning it on as soon as I hit the Florida border (I was dying already @ 97 degrees for 3 hours) and it blew cold air all the way back home. I haven't turned the car back on since I got home, but I have a feeling its going to be shortly making its way to the dealer.
That sounds like a blend door hanging up.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So car went in to the dealership on Thursday. I have the following issues with my AC system:

- Driver side blowing warm/hot air, passenger side blowing cooler air
- Whine/noise from engine bay when AC system is on (auto, max ac, front defroster)

The whine started a couple weeks after the difference in air temperature. Dealer diagnosed the compressor issue. Mentioned the air temperature issue started before which leads me to believe the evap/blend door is also an issue. Guess we'll see when they fix it. The service advisor acknowledged that I brought up the evap/blend door issue and will inspect once the compressor is replaced. Only some parts arrived by Friday so I took the car back until they have all the parts. Because why would Ford give you a loaner car while your car is in the shop?

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Well it was confirmed by the dealer today to be the evaporator core. I can officially say now that this is the 3rd mustang I've had this replaced on.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Well it was confirmed by the dealer today to be the evaporator core. I can officially say now that this is the 3rd mustang I've had this replaced on.
Sorry to hear. I'm still on my first Mustang but it will probably also be my last after all of this. I don't think I could go into cars 2 and 3 with this same issue before looking at another brand.
Sponsored