phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just did oil and filter at 3200km pulled about 75ml out of catch can,
now using the penrite 5w30 so will see how we go next weekend driving to adelaide. ( oil life was showing 61% before i reset it)
75ml! That's decent! I got about 35 outta mine after 2500 km
Sponsored

Mustang-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lahiru
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Got my oil changed at blue power racing today and they said to go with 5w-20. They recommended The 5-30 for super charged engines.

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
Just a "heads up" for anyone using a Ford Dealer for servicing. I had my first service (15,000km) earlier this week at a prominent Brisbane Ford dealer. When I saw the invoice which detailed the work done, I noticed that they had used Castrol Edge 5W20 oil. I immediately advised them that I believed that this was the incorrect oil for this engine (both viscosity and specification). They initially were defensive and had the usual expected responses - "This is great oil" and "We only use oils that Ford approve". Another day of debate ensued, when I eventually got them to read the service manual and acknowledge that they had made a mistake. I have just returned from having them replace the oil with a compliant spec oil - Caltex Super GT-F. This oil is 5W30 and meets Ford specification WSS-M2C913-D. They assured me that all future Mustang GT engine oil changes would be done using compliant oil. I do not intend this to be a "dealer bash up" - just check what you are getting.

El Jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Which Brisbane dealer is that? I'll probably need to take mine in for servicing in the coming months, and would be good to know just in case it is the same one. Happy for a private message if you prefer not to name.

Bernborough

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernie
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Fastback Auto
Which Brisbane dealer is that? I'll probably need to take mine in for servicing in the coming months, and would be good to know just in case it is the same one. Happy for a private message if you prefer not to name.
I'd rather not name the dealer. I suggest that you just check spec and oil viscosity with whichever dealer you choose, before you book it in.
Sponsored