Sponsored

Base Radio/Speaker Upgrade Question

ramsey0066

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 GT w/ the base Sync. Overall I don't have much of an issue, but the speakers are very weak for my liking. Couple options and questions:

1) Would you recommend replacing the door/rear speakers with components? And if I do will that even make much of a difference without a separate amplifier for them?

2) Will upgrading to a Sync 2.0/3.0 give these speakers more power? And if so is it even a big enough power increase to justify the labor/cost of switching head units?

Please advise! Thanks :D:D:D
Sponsored

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Depending on the impedance of the OEM speakers and the sensitivity, you could get a bit more volume. You will get better sound though! do components in the front and a coax in the rear, later on add a 4 channel amp and you will be rocking good!

KonaBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 GT w/ the base Sync. Overall I don't have much of an issue, but the speakers are very weak for my liking. Couple options and questions:

1) Would you recommend replacing the door/rear speakers with components? And if I do will that even make much of a difference without a separate amplifier for them?

2) Will upgrading to a Sync 2.0/3.0 give these speakers more power? And if so is it even a big enough power increase to justify the labor/cost of switching head units?

Please advise! Thanks :D:D:D
I changed my four 6.5 inch speakers on my base 2017 V6 Mustang with REF-6522EX infinity's, no issues with installation, clearer sound, more bass and a bit louder (3.0 ohms impedance), well worth the money. I used the adapters that comes with the speakers and used Metra 72-5602 speaker harness.

JCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Auto GT
Depending on the impedance of the OEM speakers and the sensitivity, you could get a bit more volume. You will get better sound though! do components in the front and a coax in the rear, later on add a 4 channel amp and you will be rocking good!
This is exactly what I did using Focals for the doors and the rear deck. I did a five channel Kenwood amp at the same time and about 6 months ago added a 10 inch JL Microsub. Sounds awesome even with the stock head unit.

Friday I'm having my installer put in a Metra dash kit and a Kenwood 7 inch 9904S head unit. It gets expensive, but it's worth it to me.:headbang: May not be for everyone...:shrug:

Jeff
Sponsored