OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Thanks vintage 1. What action had to be taken to escalate the case? One of the techs told me after the first week it was there that it was a bad frame weld.
Sponsored

vintage1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I escalated to Ford customer service understanding the number of attempted fixes I'd had and the possible brevity of the problem. Ford brought in a CSM then a Ford field engineer took over the diagnositcs. Later an RSM got involved and a chassis enginèr at Ford corporate. In the diagnosis both the dealer and engineer confirmed independently it was a bad weld. The dealer played a big part in this too.

One thing I will say is if with every attempted fix the sound stays the same but comes up under different conditions ie originally for me it was on a right turn....then after a fix it would change to right and left turns but be inconsistent, then you very well might have this issue.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
While my car was up in the air last night we did end up spending some time poking and prodding at the front end.

It does seem that the drivers side sway bar bushing is a good bit looser than the passenger side. I have no idea if that is the source of my issues, but it seems to align with what other people have had to do to fix their front end clunk.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I escalated to Ford customer service understanding the number of attempted fixes I'd had and the possible brevity of the problem. Ford brought in a CSM then a Ford field engineer took over the diagnositcs. Later an RSM got involved and a chassis enginèr at Ford corporate. In the diagnosis both the dealer and engineer confirmed independently it was a bad weld. The dealer played a big part in this too.

One thing I will say is if with every attempted fix the sound stays the same but comes up under different conditions ie originally for me it was on a right turn....then after a fix it would change to right and left turns but be inconsistent, then you very well might have this issue.
Was there ever any pics taken of the bad weld or location of it that can be shared?

OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Went back to the dealership today and spoke to the manager. He pretty much admits they have no clue and are just guessing now. When I brought up the fact that it's very hard to turn my steering wheel after they changed my steering rack he simply replied "that's normal and shouldn't be a safety concern" thought to myself wth!!! After months and 4 failed attempts its time for me to take things to the next step. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

vintage1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Cobra Jet I had a file including pictures but tossed it when I got the new car. Five or so plug welds were placed on the flange of the underside of the frame rail behind the drivers side wheel.

BW5.O as mentioned call Ford Customer Service and open a case number. Request a CSM be assigned to the case. Ford at this point may get engineering involved and have them take over the process. Words of advice...be patient, persistant and polite with everyone involved. Also keep good records of all communications. Ford should work with you on this.

OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Going to pick my car up from the dealership today for the 5th time. Really hoping it's fixed but I doubt it!

john_688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Same issue here . Started at around 15k km . Dealer replaced a faulty right lower control arm and did an alignment . Clunking seems to be gone , for now .

OP
OP
BW5.0

BW5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
My car is finally fixed!! Ended up being sway bar bushing which they had told me they replaced months ago but didn't. Steering wheel still a bit tight since they changed why rack and pinion but not sure if it's worth trying to get it back how it was before.
Sponsored