Sponsored

Base stereo screen is black / blank

frs2s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT 6MT
6k miles, I had my iPhone plugged in streaming USB. Turned car off, removed phone. When I started my car again, the small screen is completely black. It doesn't show the temp, time, or anything. The power for the radio will not work either, or any of the buttons. I found a video on youtube with a similar problem, but his weather and time at least showed. Really don't want to, or have time to take it to dealer. Any good suggestions? I'm going to disconnect the battery tomorrow and see, but I can't find a good diagram showing the fuse for the entire unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
This happened to me once when I had around 3k miles. Disconnecting the battery will probably help.

I ended up just dealing with it for a couple days. One day, I forgot my phone in my house and the screen booted right up. I don't know if it was just coincidental, but I ended up disconnecting the bluetooth and updating sync and the phone. No issues since.

Edit: mine did show the time.

OP
OP

frs2s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT 6MT
. One day, I forgot my phone in my house and the screen booted right up. I don't know if it was just coincidental, but I ended up disconnecting the bluetooth and updating sync and the phone. No issues since.
All is working now, I think the Bluetooth was it! Last night Bluetooth was on with my iPhone and I tried turning car on / off 10 times with no success. Today, made sure Bluetooth was off on my phone before I opened the door, and bam, screen lit up. Everything works fine now, but I'll be hesitant to connect my phone USB again. That was only the second time I have, but luckily I rarely need that. I'm also hesitant to turn on Bluetooth again, gonna wait a few days. Thanks again

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know I'm late to the party but every time I launch hard, the center console goes dead (LOL). I have no clue what the deal is, and it's really not a big deal to me but I quickly figured out how to fix it.

The easiest way to fix it is to get out of the car, lock the door with your FOB, wait about 5 minutes, unlock with the FOB, and voila, it's fixed.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I know this thread is old but I wanted to add to it in case some stumbles across this thread in the future like I just did.

Came out to my car today and the radio display was black. I have the base 301A radio. Buttons were lit up but didn't do anything. HVAC worked, power windows worked, everything else worked. I started the car, shut it off, hit the start button for accessory mode a few times...nothing. I was about to check fuses when I thought I'd do a quick search here first. Found this thread, turned the Bluetooth off on my phone, and everything is back to normal.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
What kind of phones are you guys using that have the BT issues?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have an iPhone 7. I've had the car two years and had the phone about 8 months. this was the first time I've ever had this happen.

vikkic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Need for Green
Same problem here, only had a week, done 450 miles - blank screen after numerous turning off and on. Just read this thread and turned bluetooth off and now all good. FWIW I'm using an old Blackberry.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I had a similar problem today with my 17 base model. Doing errands around town, started up for the 3rd or 4th time that day, no stereo, blank screen, no backup camera. Several shutdowns and restarts later, still not working, so I decided to check fuses. I didn't know which one was which, so I just pulled all I could and made sure they weren't blown. Next time I started it everything was working again.

Anybody know which fuse is the one to check?

Someone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Old post but I bought my car like this so that bluetooth fix won't work so any ideas?
Sponsored