Sponsored

"SYNC 3" ISSUES

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
This happened to mine recently on start up -
Blue Pony image locked on for about 20 secs then flickered back to Pony image then flickered to normal screen but lettering and numbers all had a shadow effect then flickered again back to normal and all the settings ie: heater, sound seemed to go back back to default.

The problem is the Dealer cannot fault the system when everything is now testing OK ..... Sync 3 does not retain a fault history.

This is after my Sync 3 previously had some other problems and was updated by the Dealer. I do not have any issue with what the Dealer has done so far.

Anyone else had any similar issues with Sync 3 ????
Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Eh, just one of those things that come with having a Sync unit.

MM777

Waiting for Feb 2017
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT, Manual, Magnetic
I've had similar issues with my SYNC 3 unit 'freezing' and then restarting...

OP
OP

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had similar issues with my SYNC 3 unit 'freezing' and then restarting...
Yeh...mine's the same.
Had a 3rd repeat problem now...climate temp operation reverse... d/side control works the passenger side and passenger side works the d/side. as well as vent directions change.
This is the 3rd time this has now happened.
My Dealer is contacting Ford to see what they will do.

Anyone one else with any Sync 3 issues .....Please List them
:cheers:

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
My Sync 3, albeit in my Ranger, has been perfect. Only annoyance so far is it doesn't seem to have the concept of daylight savings so requires the time to be adjusted manually.

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
If you know someone with forscan they can do a service on the module and reboot it. That may help.

OP
OP

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you know someone with forscan they can do a service on the module and reboot it. That may help.
Yeh Thanks but not what I'm after ..... Stang is only 5 months old so it's still under warranty.

Anyone one else with any Sync 3 issues with Mustangs ..... Please List them
:cheers:

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
I'm trying to connect my car to my WiFi and I usually turn the SSID off as a security measure. I temporarily turned it on so Sync could see it and successfully connected. However, when I turned the SSID off again, the connection was lost. Any ideas? This is a pretty standard thing and Sync should be able to remember the SSID even if it's not broadcasting.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I picked up 2016 GT convertible with sync 3. I did the update to add Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. That part went fine and the system has been great until today. I met a friend for dinner this evening. The system was working normally on the drive to the restaurant and not on the drive home.

I have no navigation functions at all. My phone links up and appears to be working. The radio is on and I can't turn it off from the dash mounted buttons. None of the steering wheel controls work. I can't change radio channels either with the steering wheel controls or from the touch screen. I can't change the radio modes (AM, FM, SAT, or CD). I can change volume from the dash knob but not the steering wheel. I tried a master reset but that did nothing. The voice command function does not respond.

I'll talk to the dealer as soon as I can.

Sponsored

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Pull the fuse for 5 minutes
Thanks Copie. I got home about 9pm. Out of curiosity, I hopped in the car about 12:30 before climbing into bed and everything came up and is seems to be working just fine. Phone hooks up, navigation found itself and all functions are there. Steering wheel controls are all back online as well as all touch screen controls. Beats me? I'll definitely keep the fuse idea in mind if it happens again. I appreciate the fast reply! :)

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Post Sync 3 Versions? Are your dealers keeping Sync up to date?

Both my and my wife's (on her Escape) are both on Sync3, v 2.3.

No issues to report on either vehicle.

Since Syn 3 has been made available, there have been 2 Ford updates.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
v3 AFAIK still hasn't bee officially released in Aust. so v2.3 is the latest. The other thing to check is your map version. Latest is ANZ v1.16 I believe.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
I have no navigation functions at all. My phone links up and appears to be working. The radio is on and I can't turn it off from the dash mounted buttons. None of the steering wheel controls work. I can't change radio channels either with the steering wheel controls or from the touch screen. I can't change the radio modes (AM, FM, SAT, or CD). I can change volume from the dash knob but not the steering wheel. I tried a master reset but that did nothing. The voice command function does not respond.
I've had this happen to my sync 3 once before in the middle of a drive, not related to any update. I left the car off at a friend's house, came back later and it was normal. Sounds like that worked for you too.
Sponsored