Sponsored

Question about Carbon Fiber

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Hello,
So I had a question about Carbon Fiber front and rear bumper accessories (Lips, Splitters, Diffuser and Valences).
Are these components usually fully Carbon Fiber through & through or some other material underneath with Carbon Fiber laid over it?
As far as care is concerned, any special care needed for these type of accessories or just the normal wash and clean?
Finally, is all carbon fiber the same or are there different type that are better?
Thanks
Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most carbon fiber on this forum is wet carbon fiber. Dry carbon fiber is what OEM's and race teams use. They are the stiffest, strongest and lightest form of carbon fiber. Also it is by far the most expensive.

Carbon Fiber, though strong, isn't stronger than that cement parking block in your grocery store so keep that in mind.

You probably want to get a coat of automotive clear coat applied to protect it from UV. Even CF on Mercedes and Ferraris yellow due to over exposure to UV.

Although dry carbon is the best, there are wet carbons that are good. I have a lot of experience with both wet and dry carbon fiber on my e46 M3 track car. I will tell you that @Andersoncomposites is a very good carbon fiber for that price point. They have mostly wet carbon fiber but they also do make certain parts in dry carbon. Fitment has been spot on.

If you get a CF hood, make sure to get hood pins because you never know how strong/stable the hoods are at speed. It's just as a precautionary.

The cheaper you go, the crappier quality it will be. So keep that in mind.

OP
OP
Ashiq73

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Hulk...

Thanks for that info.

Do you have any opinions on TruFiber Products?

Fortunately my car stays in the garage most of the time but I would still apply the UV protection as you stated.

Thanks

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I cannot comment on quality of Trufiber. I've never used Trufiber.

I went with @andersoncomposites after doing a lot of research.

Anderson Composites and APR are pretty good.

I've also used Varis and Voltex for wings & splitters and their products are phenomenal.

So I can only comment on those 4 makes.

I think [MENTION=16215]SC_Ruby[/MENTION] and a few others have used trufiber so contact them.

Enjoy all of your carbon parts! :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ashiq73

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the info...

It's also good to know that both Anderson Composite and Trufiber are both located in Socal.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Thanks for all the info...

It's also good to know that both Anderson Composite and Trufiber are both located in Socal.

[MENTION=20368]Ash[/MENTION]iq let me know if I can answer any additional questions you may have in regards to any carbon fiber parts. IGlad to help out if I can :thumbsup:
Sponsored