Drag suspension

Jpqintx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I hit the 1/4 mile for the first time ever. Ran a 12.8 with a 15 gt auto with a lund tune and pmas on stock tires. Car has a lot more in it. I was pretty nervous. Track felt slick. Only made 2 passes. Going again this Friday with a lot more confidence. Expecting much better times. Been practicing my launch. I know I'm gonna need rear tire set up. My question is, what is the best thing to improve the suspension to get the power to the ground? I have eibach pro kit springs now.
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
BMR Cradle Lockout Kit and differential bushings. Make a HUGE difference in wheel hop and overall feeling of rear cradle. Takes a lot of the slop out of the back of the car.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If I had an auto, I'd get me some drag radials before any add-on parts. I went the Steeda route and am very happy with it - need the IRS bushing supports (the aluminum ring lookin' things) to accomplish most of the benefit. If you get into drag racing big time, I'd do the LCA bearing, too.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Drag radials. Then if your still not happy drag springs. I cut a 1.58 sixty on the stock suspension with a 3800 stall converter. The stock suspension works fine for Friday night grudge racing.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Tires.

Then past that point, there is difference between just "hooking" and making the car actually work better and go quicker from A to B.

It's easy to make a car hook. Making the car "work" is what it's all about, in my opinion.

On a car like yours, I think the BMR-CB005 and the BMR-BK055 are the first two best additions, then follow those up with the B358AM Viking Shocks that work AMAZING with an 800lb/in rear linear coil spring. I know a guy who knows! ;)

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i have a set of full slicks that helped me cut a 1.68 at ennis. should work well for you. let me know.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have an auto, consistently cut 1.4's on 20's. I do have a circle B stall and a 2 step, but before those mods I had BMR toe rods, vertical links, cradle/diff bushing, BMR Performance springs, stock shocks and I cut 1.5's with no problem.
Sponsored