Sponsored

Sure wish I'd called in sick today...

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
We just got word there is a strong possibility of heavy hail here at our office and my Mustang is sitting out in the parking lot exposed to the elements.

I'd considered taking a sick day when the news said bad storms were coming through today but then I thought "stop being a ***** and go to work". Regretting that now, it's nasty outside.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm often jealous of the guys that live in Texas because of no winter.
Now with the floods and this, I'm not so sure.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Find a place to park it where it's covered. Quickly.

Or take it home, put it in the garage, and Uber it back to work.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Go hide at a gas station.
This is why I have a beater (although expensive one) when weather gets less than sunny.

OP
OP
FranzVonHoffer

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Find a place to park it where it's covered. Quickly.

Or take it home, put it in the garage, and Uber it back to work.
There's no covered parking anywhere around here and since they moved us out to this dusty suburb my commute is 25 miles. So I'm pretty much stuck.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
wild mustangs get hailed on.
mine's been through a few hail storms. Just one last week.
they're a tough breed. she'll survive!

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
well if it makes ya feel better that same storm rolled through SA this morning and none of my coworkers experienced any hail.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You need to buy a beater for bad days

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wild mustangs get hailed on.
mine's been through a few hail storms. Just one last week.
they're a tough breed. she'll survive!
last year San Antonio had back to back (or close to it) storms of huge hail. it was going through people's houses, destroyed/damaged thousands of cars. if one of those comes through his 'stang would get shredded.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...-hail-storm-1-4-billion-in-losses-7269460.php

http://www.ksat.com/news/hail-storms-across-san-antonio-area-costliest-in-us-history

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Ya San Antonio used to be pretty clear but lately it's been bad, I bought a cheap universal car cover $25 shipped that I use for these occasions to at least minimize anything. I remember when I was in Tennessee with my nismo 370z that I had at the time I was working inside and you all of the sudden hear what sounded like golf balls hitting the roof and it was far too late to know that it was hailing all over my car. Worst feeling in the world lol.

Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Might not hurt to call your insurance company right now and find out how they'd help (or not)....if the hail coverage isn't sufficient, it might make sense to bolt home and get the pony back into the stable.

Please keep us posted!!

FWIW, not all hail is created equal. Some stones are not super dense and won't do much (if any) damage. Even if it is coming down, don't panic until you see your car.

I was stuck in a nasty hail storm with my Dodge Dart Sport years back. The stones were about the size of grapes (which is huge by New England standards)...I was so upset, driving slowly to get home(because of the torrential rain, and hellacious noise from the hail which made me think ithe windshield was going to get smashed if I went any faster)...when I got it in the garage, there wasn't a mark on the car!

Granted, the Dart doesn't have an aluminum hood...but I seriously doubt the sheet metal is any stronger than modern stuff.

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Crash it through your building by "accident" then it will be covered.

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
last year San Antonio had back to back (or close to it) storms of huge hail. it was going through people's houses, destroyed/damaged thousands of cars. if one of those comes through his 'stang would get shredded.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...-hail-storm-1-4-billion-in-losses-7269460.php

http://www.ksat.com/news/hail-storms-across-san-antonio-area-costliest-in-us-history

Yep, it hailed 3 times in San Antonio last year in like one month and the first was the worst. My previous 2016 mustang got hit by that one and did over 3k in damage. My hood, trunk, door, roof, pillars got damaged by hail along with a cracked windshield. I put my car in a garage yesterday just in case but it didn't hail.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Being that I'm the warehouse supervisor, we just pull our rides inside when needed :)

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ya San Antonio used to be pretty clear but lately it's been bad, I bought a cheap universal car cover $25 shipped that I use for these occasions to at least minimize anything. I remember when I was in Tennessee with my nismo 370z that I had at the time I was working inside and you all of the sudden hear what sounded like golf balls hitting the roof and it was far too late to know that it was hailing all over my car. Worst feeling in the world lol.
Yep, it hailed 3 times in San Antonio last year in like one month and the first was the worst. My previous 2016 mustang got hit by that one and did over 3k in damage. My hood, trunk, door, roof, pillars got damaged by hail along with a cracked windshield. I put my car in a garage yesterday just in case but it didn't hail.
Spring of 2015 I was in DFW for work and went through a couple nasty storms. No hail though but man I have never seen storms that bad other than hurricanes

Overall violence didnt seem as bad as those DFW ones for the SA ones last year but the amount of hail that was dropped was nuts. Thankfully my car goes in the garage every night. Doesnt do me much good during working hours but I guess I've lucked out so far. If I knew 100% certain a big hail storm was coming (i dont mean forecast) i'd probably leave.

not so much from fear of the damage but from lessons learned last year from coworkers. It took months for people's cars to get fixed last year. A manager went to get a rental car and they were out. not bc they didnt have any on hand, they were just all damaged!

I'm sure safelite etc made a killing though
Sponsored