DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Damn man that does suck sorry to hear ans see that. I hope everything works out for you. Good Luck!
Sponsored

BurnsS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP Premium
I don't think they are replacing the bumper. I wiped all the leaves off and looked at it carefully, I did not see any scratches. I was worried about the tabs attaching to the quarter because it was pulled away a bit but the body guy said it did not look broken.

I do have rental coverage. I hope i can get something decent.

I admire your optimism and seemingly relaxed demeanor here. I'm not sure I'd have the same composure in this situation. I get its material, but I love my car lol.

OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I admire your optimism and seemingly relaxed demeanor here. I'm not sure I'd have the same composure in this situation. I get its material, but I love my car lol.
I am indeed kind of pissed. I have had a ton of bad luck with this car ever since I bought it. People are telling me to get rid of it.

The silver lining would have been if a tree fell on the parts of the car that had rock chips (hood & front bumper) but instead the parts of it that are in the best condition got hit. There wasn't one chip or scratch on that quarter or trunk. So now $10,000 later (insurance) I'm still going to have rock chips.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
I am indeed kind of pissed. I have had a ton of bad luck with this car ever since I bought it. People are telling me to get rid of it.

The silver lining would have been if a tree fell on the parts of the car that had rock chips (hood & front bumper) but instead the parts of it that are in the best condition got hit. There wasn't one chip or scratch on that quarter or trunk. So now $10,000 later (insurance) I'm still going to have rock chips.
Rock chips happen, there's not much you can do to prevent them without compromising the integrity of the paint (PPF causes uneven fading, for example.) Think of repairing rock chips as just another regular maintenance routine, like changing your oil. I just ordered a Dr. Colorchip kit to do just that for my car.

Be glad your car is getting taken care of, that's what having good insurance is for. State Farm has been good to me in the past, and your rate shouldn't go up, so long as you have full coverage, because this would be considered an Act of God.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm curious that they didn't total it to be honest. A 2015 V6 isn't worth much more than mid teens I'd guess. $10k is a huge amount. Hell if it were me I'd push for a total. You did say you had bad luck with it...

Best of luck because that definitely sucks.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I'm curious that they didn't total it to be honest. A 2015 V6 isn't worth much more than mid teens I'd guess. $10k is a huge amount. Hell if it were me I'd push for a total. You did say you had bad luck with it...

Best of luck because that definitely sucks.
Considering used 2015 is about 17-19k I am amazed they are not totaling it.

Tarathatcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tara
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My 2016 went through an EF2 tornado in February. My passenger side looks very similar to your driver's side. I have about 5k in damage, and they will be doing a quarter panel. Let's hope we both get a good shop. They told me they are removing my rear window to do my quarter. 75 % of my car is getting fixed and repainted. Plus the quarter glass is shattered. I'm debating selling my car once it's fixed. It only has 1,600 miles. Good luck on your repairs!

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
The depreciation on a heavily damaged car is rough. Don't blame you for wanting to dump it.

OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
My 2016 went through an EF2 tornado in February. My passenger side looks very similar to your driver's side. I have about 5k in damage, and they will be doing a quarter panel. Let's hope we both get a good shop. They told me they are removing my rear window to do my quarter. 75 % of my car is getting fixed and repainted. Plus the quarter glass is shattered. I'm debating selling my car once it's fixed. It only has 1,600 miles. Good luck on your repairs!
Only $5k damage and you're getting 75% of the car fixed? That seems low. A quarter panel is $1,000 alone, then you need a bumper and whatever else.

With mine, having to do that door frame/pillar is going to seriously jack the price up. I did not hear from the insurance yet.

Tarathatcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tara
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yea, my rear bumper cover gets painted, tail light buffed, quarter replaced, quarter window, deck lid and spoiler fixed, passenger door won't open and is dented....also passenger fender and hood get repainted. Oops, almost forgot, the front bumper cover is scuffed and driver's side fender scratched. I suppose we will see what happens. I thought the estimate was low, too, but this is my first ever claim.

Sponsored
OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I think when you start getting into cutting and welding the cost begins to accelerate fast. I'm truly worried about this. I don't have a good feeling.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, what bad luck.

Tarathatcher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tara
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think when you start getting into cutting and welding the cost begins to accelerate fast. I'm truly worried about this. I don't have a good feeling.
Agreed. I worry if they'll get the rear window sealed correctly, the quality of the welds, etc. We both have some bad luck. I've been researching body shops for weeks trying to make a decision. I wish you the best. Keep us updated.

OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Agreed. I worry if they'll get the rear window sealed correctly, the quality of the welds, etc. We both have some bad luck. I've been researching body shops for weeks trying to make a decision. I wish you the best. Keep us updated.
Windows are the least of the problems. BTW as part of my job the rear window will have to be removed as well.... plus the windshield if they're going to cut that pillar out. Quality of the welds... Also for me is the paint. Ruby Tintcoat is a special process, not just your standard clearcoat.
Sponsored