Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Yup, you can thank your tires and ABS for that. Even the stock sliding calipers from the base V6 and EB have enough force to lock the wheels. Where the Brembos shine is reduced brake fade for track use and a more consistent firmer pedal "feel", but who am I kidding, I would upgrade to them just for the looks :headbonk:
Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
IDIOT IN A C7 VETTE

Wait was this in South Florida (Miami) Because here it happens all the time and not just guys in sports cars - minivans and even Prius. We have to treat every intersection with a traffic light like a 4 way stop. :mad:

I lost my father last year because of some idiot in a minivan ran a red light and t-boned my fathers car, my mother included in the accident but survived. I spent three weeks in ICU with my father until he passed away.

Glad to hear you survived your ordeal. Just treat them like 4-way stops from now on. People are driving crazy these days.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My brembos saved me from rear ending a guy. I was following him about 3 car lengths back (thankfully) and a light turned yellow. He slammed on his brakes and I didn't notice at first because all his brake lights were burnt out/not working.

I came within a foot of his car. I wasn't too mad but got out to let him know (thinking maybe he didn't know his lights weren't working). Told the guy and he didn't even care, rolled his window up on me. Then I got pissed lol...
Umm u know this post is nothing to be proud of right? You admitted to not paying attention and then getting out of your vehicle at a light and confronting someone you don't know. :doh:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Running red lights here is a national pastime and they all are doing it on the wrong side of the road too
Be careful out there!

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Your Brembos saved you? You may as well say that Jesus saved you.

You saved yourselves, fools.
What's your problem with Jesus:shrug:

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yup, you can thank your tires and ABS for that. Even the stock sliding calipers from the base V6 and EB have enough force to lock the wheels. Where the Brembos shine is reduced brake fade for track use and a more consistent firmer pedal "feel", but who am I kidding, I would upgrade to them just for the looks :headbonk:

This. I like my brembos and all, but doubt they would outperform the standard brakes in a one-time panic stop. But hey, glad you're ok.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Wait was this in South Florida (Miami) Because here it happens all the time and not just guys in sports cars - minivans and even Prius. We have to treat every intersection with a traffic light like a 4 way stop. :mad:

I lost my father last year because of some idiot in a minivan ran a red light and t-boned my fathers car, my mother included in the accident but survived. I spent three weeks in ICU with my father until he passed away.

Glad to hear you survived your ordeal. Just treat them like 4-way stops from now on. People are driving crazy these days.
Mobile devices...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Base cars have the same stopping distance as Performance Pack cars. What the big brakes are going to get you is more braking endurance and heat handling, not less stopping distance. To decrease stopping distance, you need pads and tires (as others have stated).

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
The Brembos do a better job braking from 130 to 65 than the stock brakes.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
What OP means to say is "I wasn't texting so I could actually see the threat". So many wrecks now could be avoided if people weren't staring at their phones.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Brembos do a better job braking from 130 to 65 than the stock brakes.
If you're stopping from 130 in traffic you've got other issues. Kind of irrelevant factoid. From 60-0 or 70-0 the limiting factor is tires. Put the PP tires on the base and you'd have just as good of stopping distance, at least on the first stop, maybe two. After that the brembos would be quite a bit better.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you're stopping from 130 in traffic you've got other issues. Kind of irrelevant factoid. From 60-0 or 70-0 the limiting factor is tires. Put the PP tires on the base and you'd have just as good of stopping distance, at least on the first stop, maybe two. After that the brembos would be quite a bit better.
Maybe he meant KPH...? :D

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Glad to hear that your reflexes are good, man!! Not only did you protect yourself and your car, you kept two American icons from smashing together and being removed from the car population. We all owe you one.
:cheers:

Tires and abs saved you like others have stated.

Why is your neck and wrist sore? Not like you saw ten G's!
Why are the abs getting all the credit?? You have to give some props to the quads and calves too. You need those to stand on the brake pedal.

What OP means to say is "I wasn't texting so I could actually see the threat". So many wrecks now could be avoided if people weren't staring at their phones.
You wrote that from behind the wheel, didn't you!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I hit the brakes and of course my car stalled out
Now I know why one of the first things you learn at an HPDE or similar event is "both feet in". It's almost second nature now that when I slam on the brakes I also clutch in, sometimes without even realizing.

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Umm u know this post is nothing to be proud of right? You admitted to not paying attention and then getting out of your vehicle at a light and confronting someone you don't know. :doh:
I was paying attention, his brake lights were out and with the time of day it was, it was hard to tell he was stopping.

I didn't get out like "hey, F you for this..." I was simply trying to let him know his car had an issue he may not have known about. Even when he was a douche about it I didn't do anything, just went back to my car.

Anybody who gets butt hurt about somebody trying to tell you something at a red light needs to chill out...
Sponsored