Sponsored

What can Livernois Motorsports do for you?

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
I don't pressure test my headers to ensure the welds are perfect nor do I do X-ray's of my wheels to ensure no interstitial defects in my aftermarket wheels. Sometimes you need to trust the people who you are working with or do business elsewhere.

I get what you are saying but it seems like you are one of the few that demands more than the average enthusiast. I don't trust Ford tunes because they are can o' tune that are limited to stock parts. Some folks like Ford PP tunes. Awesome. Not about to tell Ford they are doing it wrong and insult their process because it isn't my way.

Ford has solid reasons for what they do and Livernois has shown to have good cause as well. Relax.
:clap2: :cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Just want to throw this out there, everyone that contributes to this thread... We do appreciate it, even if we don't see eye to eye on things. We honestly appreciate it because it continues to help us grow as a company and connect with the community.

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Livernois I hope that you guys are hearing the message loud and clear that until you guys update that tuner there will be a lot of people who won't consider your tune. It may be great, and you guys are definitely doing something right but you'd be selling a lot more tunes if people felt better about your tuning device.

Heck I don't even know how many of these tuners who are asking for datalogs are even reviewing the logs properly, I just know that it feels like an added value when a company asks and sends revisions based on a datalog.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread would be a WHOLE lot more productive if the fanboys stopped attacking anyone with any sort of constructive criticism in a thread where the company is literally asking for it.

I too was very interested in getting tuned by Livernois. After much research, the 1980's era calibrator device, which lacks of any sort of logging/monitoring without needing to purchase more devices, while costing about the same as all the other tuning devices, was a deal breaker for me.

The fuel in my area is horrendous. The stock Ford tune would ping from time to time on our CA91oct. The "other" companies tune pinged on 91oct. After they pulled timing it still pinged. After trying different stations, and taking even more timing out, it still pinged. This is a bone stock car, in flawless condition, nothing rattling or touching. I put in e85, and voila not even a hint of ping anywhere. So now I never even go past 4k unless I have at least a couple gallons of e85 in the tank, and the "gauge" always shows me how much ethanol content I have, and if my car is ever knocking or doing anything funky/weird.

My point: If I "trusted" anyone, despite being a huge reputable company with rock solid tunes, I'd still be driving around with ping past 4k rpm no matter what. I'm not stupid enough to do that. Especially when the tuning devices are all about the same price. Pay same for more options and peace of mind, or pay same and "trust" the company to control variables that aren't even in their hands to control.

PS: and before anyone goes off explaining knock strategy on these cars, save your keystrokes, I know exactly how it works. Reactive is never as good as proactive. Oh and no matter how the stock tune is implemented by Ford, they actually fix/replace your engine if it blows. Once you buy one of these aftermarket tunes, you say goodbye to that. So if I'm kissing my engine warranty goodbye, I better not see a hint of knock on this motor that I'm now 100% financially responsible for. You better believe I'll be monitoring it full time.

Hope that was helpful :)

Last edited:

gracjan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
How much power increase can I expect on a stock 16 GT on 93 or e85? Do you guys have any actual 1/4 mile times of stock gt's with your tune ?

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
This thread would be a WHOLE lot more productive if the fanboys stopped attacking anyone with any sort of constructive criticism in a thread where the company is literally asking for it.

I too was very interested in getting tuned by Livernois. After much research, the 1980's era calibrator device, which lacks of any sort of logging/monitoring without needing to purchase more devices, while costing about the same as all the other tuning devices, was a deal breaker for me.

The fuel in my area is horrendous. The stock Ford tune would ping from time to time on our CA91oct. The "other" companies tune pinged on 91oct. After they pulled timing it still pinged. After trying different stations, and taking even more timing out, it still pinged. This is a bone stock car, in flawless condition, nothing rattling or touching. I put in e85, and voila not even a hint of ping anywhere. So now I never even go past 4k unless I have at least a couple gallons of e85 in the tank, and the "gauge" always shows me how much ethanol content I have, and if my car is ever knocking or doing anything funky/weird.

My point: If I "trusted" anyone, despite being a huge reputable company with rock solid tunes, I'd still be driving around with ping past 4k rpm no matter what. I'm not stupid enough to do that. Especially when the tuning devices are all about the same price. Pay same for more options and peace of mind, or pay same and "trust" the company to control variables that aren't even in their hands to control.

PS: and before anyone goes off explaining knock strategy on these cars, save your keystrokes, I know exactly how it works. Reactive is never as good as proactive. Oh and no matter how the stock tune is implemented by Ford, they actually fix/replace your engine if it blows. Once you buy one of these aftermarket tunes, you say goodbye to that. So if I'm kissing my engine warranty goodbye, I better not see a hint of knock on this motor that I'm now 100% financially responsible for. You better believe I'll be monitoring it full time.

I've yet to hear of any Livernois tuned cars go boom. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mind mentioning what tuning company(s) it was that couldn't get your tune right before?? Also why your painting all companies with the same brush because of your bad experience with a tuner who couldn't fix your ping issue????

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's embarrassing how many people dog Livernois. If you don't like, not being able to data log on their device. Go someone where else. Go with Sct or ngauge. Data log all you like. You gonnna miss out of a great product. It's nice having a tune that works with out any type of data logging since you get the car done right from the start. Zero issues with my Livernois tune car with out its "data logging". They are a great company with tons of customers that have better things to do than post on forums. While the "others" love to jump on the forums and bad mouth them. I bet you feel good data logging and looking at a cool gauge that can log data , when your should be worried about driving and not turning into a mustang crash meme:cheers:

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
It's weird how some of you defend Livernois, when all we are doing is asking them to sell a device that more people would actually buy.

PS saying that some of us prefer to have datalogging as a part of our tuning process is in no way suggesting that those of you who prioritize that capability less have an inferior tune.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Lets gingerly approach the datalog scenario, If you want to monitor your vehicle with an outside device and if you see any massive issue with numbers you are always able to contact us and we will work with you, no one ever said we wouldn't. Part of what tends to get lost in the shuffle is that as a company we do not rely on the customer for said tunes, in the case such as this we went out and purchased a 5.0 to do all the testing and calibration on along with verifying it on the various models that come through the shop for install. Of course that is all with previous approval by the customers that we obtain new information to continually improve the tunes. Nothing leaves here without being tested on both the road and the dyno for verification purposes. It is never our intention/goal or mantra to damage a vehicle by sending you a dangerous tune, which is why we spend so much time/money/resources on R&D for these.
I guess what gets lost here is that we have many MANY customers that are non-forum members with zero issues from their tunes compared to the vocal minority that consistently rip us for the lack of datalogging that our handheld unit has. I want to clarify that I am not throwing shade at anyone who prefers the datalogging method, we just do not require/need that for our tuning.
I'll give this a bump

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've yet to hear of any Livernois tuned cars go boom. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mind mentioning what tuning company(s) it was that couldn't get your tune right before?? Also why your painting all companies with the same brush because of your bad experience with a tuner who couldn't fix your ping issue????
I don't care how many cars did or didn't blow up. An internet forum guys' results isn't indicative of the big picture anyway. Knock is knock. It's never good.

I have Lund Flex Fuel tune. And it's not their fault my area has terrible pump gas. And my experience was/is very good and I'm still very happy with the final result, I don't even understand how you got the above from my post. I'm very happy with them. Car is an animal and zero knock or issues thus far.

But back on topic, it's worth mentioning: when I did reach out to Livernois with questions, they were VERY fast and VERY helpful in their response, and I liked that a lot, so kudos on great customer service :)

It's embarrassing how many people dog Livernois. If you don't like, not being able to data log on their device. Go someone where else. Go with Sct or ngauge. Data log all you like. You gonnna miss out of a great product. It's nice having a tune that works with out any type of data logging since you get the car done right from the start. Zero issues with my Livernois tune car with out its "data logging". They are a great company with tons of customers that have better things to do than post on forums. While the "others" love to jump on the forums and bad mouth them. I bet you feel good data logging and looking at a cool gauge that can log data , when your should be worried about driving and not turning into a mustang crash meme:cheers:
I know reading and comprehension is hard, but maybe you should try it sometime.
If you decide to be a blind clueless lemming and trust every company instead of verifying data/results, that's your own (willfully ignorant) choice, just don't attack people in every thread about it, especially in a thread that specifically asks for feedback.

The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinion. I know, shocker.

Believe it or not, some of us actually know what we're looking at in a log and/or data, not just trying to be cool staring at a gadget. I know, another shocker.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I don't care how many cars did or didn't blow up. An internet forum guys' results isn't indicative of the big picture anyway. Knock is knock. It's never good.

I have Lund Flex Fuel tune. And it's not their fault my area has terrible pump gas. And my experience was/is very good and I'm still very happy with the final result, I don't even understand how you got the above from my post. I'm very happy with them. Car is an animal and zero knock or issues thus far.

But back on topic, it's worth mentioning: when I did reach out to Livernois with questions, they were VERY fast and VERY helpful in their response, and I liked that a lot, so kudos on great customer service :)

If you decide to be a blind clueless lemming and trust every company instead of verifying data/results, that's your own (willfully ignorant) choice, just don't attack people in every thread about it, especially in a thread that specifically asks for feedback.

Believe it or not, some of us actually know what we're looking at in a log and/or data, not just trying to be cool staring at a gadget. I know, another shocker.
I didn't asked if you cared. I asked you for proof that Livernois tuning methods are blowing up engines as you seem to have the "if someone doesn't look at my datalogs my engine is gonna blow syndrome"

You deflected my question by saying "I don't care..... lol but apparently you do.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your question is as absurd and irrelevant as asking you to prove to me how many coyotes they tuned, and how many of them are still on the road today.

I posted valid feedback, that many agree with. If you're gonna attack every single post that's not praising Livernois and worshipping their feet, I'll gladly bow out of the conversation and you two can have an amazing circle jerk all by yourselves.

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Dam man you want a snickers lol

. The simple fact you need a data log to "prove " you're cars tune is ok is just funny. So basically your saying the tunes you get from a tuner that can data log are crap until you get it logged and they "change" the tune to be perfect to your car. How do you know they even change anything in your tune lol? Maybe turn down some timing or do nothing and tell you your good. Have fun wasting time data logging if your enjoy it have fun bra. I am happy for you.

If you got the time Read a bunch of the threads on this site about data logs and the majority of the people say they sent it to the tuner and the tuner emails back saying looks good nothing to change. But man it feels good to have that email saying your good!!!!

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

So are you saying it's not safe to go over 4,000 rpms in these cars unless you are running E85? :confused: lol
Sponsored