Sponsored

Random Misfire and Cyl. 8 Misfire

stealdesk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Guard Metalic
On my way down to Corpus Christi on March 12th my check engine light came on. I did not really notice anything as it still ran good. I stopped to get codes read and came up with P0300 and P0308. When I made it in to town I dropped it of at Ford. The next day was told they could not repair it and was told to take it back to the dealer that I purchased it from. I dropped it off back here in Arlington on Friday the 17th. Just got a call and was told that the issue is the intake manifold something about the mixing valves have failed like the issue the Boss 302 had. Has anyone else heard of this problem?
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Had a problem with mine if your talking about the imrc valves??.Mine kept sticking and setting off my cel,took manifold off unfrooze the one the was stuck and so far no more problems.I didnt have misfire codes imrc fault codes.Really screwed up that the first dealer u went too,sent u packing with your car having a misfire,shitty dealership they could have fixed that.

OP
OP
stealdesk

stealdesk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had a problem with mine if your talking about the imrc valves??.Mine kept sticking and setting off my cel,took manifold off unfrooze the one the was stuck and so far no more problems.I didnt have misfire codes imrc fault codes.Really screwed up that the first dealer u went too,sent u packing with your car having a misfire,shitty dealership they could have fixed that.

He said it was like a butterfly valve in the intake runner. I was not to happy about them telling me they could not fix it. :frusty:

It looks like the charge motion control valves failed in the intake manifold:(

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yep thats the imrc valves,i would report the dealer that sent u away,when u buy a ford it doesnt mean u can only break down close to the dealer that u bought it from,thats bull shit..

OP
OP
stealdesk

stealdesk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep thats the imrc valves,i would report the dealer that sent u away,when u buy a ford it doesnt mean u can only break down close to the dealer that u bought it from,thats bull shit..
Once I get the car back I will fill out their survey they emailed me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stealdesk

stealdesk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up the car today and all is good. Replaced the intake manifold due to the runner control rod was broken on the left side. My service guy was surprised to hear what the other dealer did.