Sponsored

Removing Stripes

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
I bought my car used, and it had vinyl stripes on it. I didn't like them, so a couple weekends ago, after it sat in the sun most of the day, I peeled them off. They came off with no problem. I then washed it really good.

The problem: There's no visible adhesive or anything left on the paint. But after it gets a little dusty, I can see where the stripes were. So there's obviously something there.

Should I wash with adhesive remover? Alcolhol? Something else that will get the residue off and not hurt the paint?
Sponsored

Jhull1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I did the same thing a few weeks ago. After seeing the "stripes" after a heavy dew, I clayed, polished, sealed, and waxed the car. It took a few hours, but the stripes haven't reappeared.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I did the same thing a few weeks ago. After seeing the "stripes" after a heavy dew, I clayed, polished, sealed, and waxed the car. It took a few hours, but the stripes haven't reappeared.
I did the same thing, in preparation to put C-Quartz ceramic coating on (didn't want to go over or around the stripes). The polishing took care of any ghosting from the stripes.
Sponsored