jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Without a doubt save a tad bit more and pick up a 350. Bolt on a set of LTHs w/ a Lund tune.
that would be exactly what I'd do, and i honestly think I'd stop there and simply enjoy it. i was enjoying the same on my GT, just wanted to venture into FI territory...i just wouldn't do that to a 350
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
FI GT and own everything. A GT on boost is a complete animal.

You can get a new GT for $35k, throw less than $10k on a new centri kit (Paxton or Procharger tough to beat bang for buck) and OPG upgrade and be laughing with well over 600WHP.

GT350 if you want an all round track capable car out of the box.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
dealers sell boosted cars all day for ~45k

Sponsored

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
If you're going to dd the car, get the GT. if you want a fair weather car get the 350. I would love to have a 350 but would feel guilty as hell driving it in... Not nice weather.

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
FI GT and own everything. A GT on boost is a complete animal.

You can get a new GT for $35k, throw less than $10k on a new centri kit (Paxton or Procharger tough to beat bang for buck) and OPG upgrade and be laughing with well over 600WHP.

GT350 if you want an all round track capable car out of the box.
Yeah my estimate for the FI GT was based off mine and i did include my entire loan with taxes rolled in, so numbers were slightly exaggerated...i didn't make that totally clear lol. Some of the things I had and will want for the next GT, i wouldn't have to buy for a 350...shift knob, steering wheel, replica wheels...

dealers sell boosted cars all day for ~45k
If they are premium models I'm all ears! Love my cooled seats even if they did get hot in the summer lol

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
My first thought at either of those price points would be long term reliability.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'd check out Jay Leno's Garage as well as other Youtube sites that have tested the GT350 like Motor Trend. Just more information for your decision.

If it were me, at the same price, the GT350 is a very different car.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Not all FI voids the warranty. Ford Performance package does not.
The factory warranty is replaced with a supplementary warranty. Ford Racing and Ford are two separate companies.

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
If you can afford the GT350 I say go that route especially all your mods will add up to one anyway.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I geared down to 3rd to pass and there was no traction to be had...burnout at 50mph got me like

9u3d68.jpg

20ijlg3.jpg
After seeing those pictures, and your description of spontaneous loss of control (driver error). Don't get either of those even higher horsepower cars !! You obviously couldn't even drive just a tuned GT. :shrug:

Get a Focus RS, maybe the AWD will keep you from losing control. Or buy a used Porsche, their stability control systems will keep you from pulling another Cars & Coffee. SMH.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
GT350. Hands down.

Plus if you don't wreck this one. It'll be worth A TON more in resale value years down the road.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I'd daily drive Shelby to the ground.
GT350 all the way

Last edited:

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I recently wrecked the nicest car I've ever owned(16 GTPP full exhaust, tune, e85). It was and is still sickening to me, but I'm ok and no one was hurt...sooo time to get back in the saddle...

My plans all along were to put a PD blower on the car, unless i found a centri for a deal i couldn't pass up. Finding out i would be a father put a temporary hold on this.

By my math i was into the GTPP 49k, after the blower you're looking to get close to 60k after supporting mods and tires.

I'm finding barely used GT350s getting close to 50k (a new one offered to me at right over 60k) and i believe headers and a tune would make me plenty happy on one of those. I read a lot of good things about them, just curious if they are that much more special than the car i loved.

So I'm just looking for opinions basically, i drive a 2 lane country highway or have the option for a more curvy backroad as my work commute, maybe 25-30 miles one way...Would you make a beast of a GT since you loved the last one, or would you save a tad(maybe sell a motorcycle) and get a GT350?
Without a question, go with the GT350. I was in the very same dilemma you are in last year but I got really impatient trying to find a GT350 in terms of finding one in both the color and price I thought was reasonable. I ended up with a brand new supercharged GT PP because it was just easier to source one.

One of my only complaints about the GT unfortunately almost ruins this car for me...the transmission. Even after swapping fluids and a shifter, its still a POS transmission. That alone makes the decision a no brainer IMO. It's a shame because I do otherwise love the GT.
Sponsored