Sponsored

Newbie Launcher

lightNfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Red Ecoboost 6sp
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on launching my '16 ecoboost with FP tune and mbrp race (stock tires). Seems like I should be able to get my 1/8 mile lower than the current 9.0. From a dig, I spin entirely through 1st and half of second with anything more than a 3g launch. I still move forward, but I know not as fast as I should. If I launch lower, it seems to fall on its face.

Do you guys think I'm launching too hard or should I look into getting thicker tires in the rear?
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
You should be running a slick at the track. Running it on street tires is dangerous.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on launching my '16 ecoboost with FP tune and mbrp race (stock tires). Seems like I should be able to get my 1/8 mile lower than the current 9.0. From a dig, I spin entirely through 1st and half of second with anything more than a 3g launch. I still move forward, but I know not as fast as I should. If I launch lower, it seems to fall on its face.

Do you guys think I'm launching too hard or should I look into getting thicker tires in the rear?
Practice! 3k is way to high if your dumping the clutch on street tires. To get a good launch with a manual on street tires you will need to slip the clutch, Try around 2.5k to start. If you have slicks than dumping at 4.5-5K is a blast! O and if your on the stock p zero's forget a good launch at all unless the track you go to has a good track prep guy.
Sponsored