Sponsored

Burnout fail

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I need to find a nice secluded place to practice the line lock setting.

Went through the water box and tried, but it failed and gave an error. I then tried manual burn outs and the car died on 3 attempts. Said screw it and ran on cold, new, slicks.

What kind of potential do you see if I can get the 60 into normal ranges?

60 = 2.30
330 = 5.45
1/8 = 7.88
1/8 MPH = 99.25

Was super bummed and only got that one pass. Waited in the staging lanes for 2 hours for it and wasn't going to do that again.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You did turn off traction control before you attempted this. correct?

Last edited:

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Make sure you turn off Advanced TC by holding up for 5 seconds on the TC switch. Are you doing the burnout in 1st or 2nd?

GT500Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT A6
I need to find a nice secluded place to practice the line lock setting.

Went through the water box and tried, but it failed and gave an error. I then tried manual burn outs and the car died on 3 attempts. Said screw it and ran on cold, new, slicks.

What kind of potential do you see if I can get the 60 into normal ranges?

60 = 2.30
330 = 5.45
1/8 = 7.88
1/8 MPH = 99.25

Was super bummed and only got that one pass. Waited in the staging lanes for 2 hours for it and wasn't going to do that again.
Drive around the water box and back into it, don't drive through it. Disable traction control and Advance Trac before activating the line lock. Do the burnout in 2nd gear, because wheel speed is key to getting the tires hot.

Once you do all that, your car is capable of some low, low 7 second passes with your mph. Hell, I've ran 6.80s at 96 mph before (that was with a 1.40 60ft in a fox body...not really an apples to apples comparison).

If you can get 60 ft times in the low 1.6 range, you might break into the 6's on a good pass... the mph is there.

OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes, everything was completely disabled.

With the line lock I think I didn't hold the brake long enough so it errored out. I honestly don't know what happened with the manual burn outs.

I first tried 2nd gear, then tried 1st and 1st again. I've had manuals before and been down the track, so it's just odd.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
my linelock is a pain in the ass to use at the track so I just hold the brake lightly In second gear and do a burnout.
I've never gotten linelock to work at the track.

Last edited:
OP
OP
isedawishy

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
my linelock is a pain in the ass to use at the track so I just hold the brake lightly In second gear. I've never gotten it to work at the track.
It's interesting you mention lightly as I was hammering down on them pretty hard when I tried manual burnouts. I wonder if the Brembos were overpowering the spin, causing the car to die?

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
It's interesting you mention lightly as I was hammering down on them pretty hard when I tried manual burnouts. I wonder if the Brembos were overpowering the spin, causing the car to die?
Well nobody but the gt350 or people with aftermarket rears have rear brembo.
Just gotta learn to modulate the brakes. Doing a burnout using brakes only is incredibly easy so maybe you had tcs on.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I put my car 16 Auto GT into Track mode and tried to powerbrake a burnout and traction control took over. Weird because when you put it into Track mode it says Traction control is OFF. I just put in first and powerbraked a quick burnout.....no DRs just street tires. I didnt even bother with the line lock since I had street tires.

slowbutfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I normally have it at the apply brake pressure stage when I am two cars behind at the track. It doesn't seem to timeout from that step and it will save you a little headache

Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
You only have Brembos up front regular gt brakes on the rear.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
I have the same problem at the track with mine. Weird. I can do it on the street no problem.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I have tried many times at the track to get that line lock to work ... works on the street , works on the return road at the track ...But when I try it in the burn out box it just gives me a error message .. I gave up a long time ago and just foot brake the burn out ..
Sponsored