Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
About to pull the trigger on an axle-back. Two quick questions first though [MENTION=28774]Josh/AWE[/MENTION], does leaving the stock resonator make it a little more raspy than with an H-pipe? Or is it the same in total lack of raspiness, just a little lower volume on the AB?

And if I add a plain H-pipe to the AB's, how's the sound difference to the touring, since those bullet resonators won't be there?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
About to pull the trigger on an axle-back. Two quick questions first though [MENTION=28774]Josh/AWE[/MENTION], does leaving the stock resonator make it a little more raspy than with an H-pipe? Or is it the same in total lack of raspiness, just a little lower volume on the AB?

And if I add a plain H-pipe to the AB's, how's the sound difference to the touring, since those bullet resonators won't be there?
x pipes are typically more "raspy" than an h pipe

h pipe will make the tone louder, but not necessarily more rasp

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

The stock resonator makes most systems sound a little bit flat/blatty, even 'farty' at the top end. It's more difficult to notice with the deeper systems. It won't have much rasp, though.

Comparison....

Resonator:

Resonated X-pipe:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
The Touring Edition Axle-back is just lower volume. No rasp with the factory resonator in place.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
wondering what the difference in sound/volume between the track catback and my current x-pipe and roush axleback setup would be lol i love how loud my current setup is but it could use a little less rasp

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
wondering what the difference in sound/volume between the track catback and my current x-pipe and roush axleback setup would be lol i love how loud my current setup is but it could use a little less rasp
The Track Edition CBE is very rowdy, but I have a hunch it would deliver less rasp than what you're experiencing.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey josh any chance we could possibly buy the switchpath H-pipe separate?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
ok thanks for the info.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Hey everyone. I have ordered up the Touring axle-back system. After hearing the cat-back along with my prior experience using AWE exhaust on my Audi I felt comfortable pulling the trigger sight unseen (or should I say Ear Unheard?). I am hoping to have a sound clip or two up by next weekend or so using this system with the factory resonator. Perhaps with an H-Pipe too shortly after. All of the user uploads have been so helpful to me that I'd like to provide the same for the next buyer. Hopefully this will suffice for most or at least hold them over until American Muscle has the opportunity to do their standard clips. Stay tuned!

Props to the very nice people at AWE when I phoned my order in. Very thorough, knowledgeable and excellent service that you don't get everywhere these days.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Hey everyone. I have ordered up the Touring axle-back system. After hearing the cat-back along with my prior experience using AWE exhaust on my Audi I felt comfortable pulling the trigger sight unseen (or should I say Ear Unheard?). I am hoping to have a sound clip or two up by next weekend or so using this system with the factory resonator. Perhaps with an H-Pipe too shortly after. All of the user uploads have been so helpful to me that I'd like to provide the same for the next buyer. Hopefully this will suffice for most or at least hold them over until American Muscle has the opportunity to do their standard clips. Stay tuned!

Props to the very nice people at AWE when I phoned my order in. Very thorough, knowledgeable and excellent service that you don't get everywhere these days.
Once team AWE, always team AWE :thumbsup:

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Can't wait!

Looking forward to finally hearing some touring axleback sound clips! :headbang:
Sponsored