Is she a keeper?

Will you keep or sell?

• Total voters

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Regardless of the car who buys one just to sell it a year later at a lost unless you have money to burn. I plan on keeping mine because if is exactly the car I wanted.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
With all of the talk from folks asking about Resale Value, Trade ins, the new MY18, Bullitt, etc. I'm curious how many people intend to keep their cars.

Besides, it gives me things to do and improve. I love projects.

The aftermarket will continue to catch up over the next 10 years as the S550 will be relevant performance cars into the future even as they age. But in the end, it's the car that really lights my fire and makes me happy so I hope to be fortunate enough to keep it for a very long time.

How about you and yours?
Definitely keeping mine, many mods to do on this platform, cosmetically, performance, suspension. The S197 model is a good example of holding on to what you have, if you are satisfied with it. There are some very nice, sweet modded 5th Gen Mustangs running around, both cosmetically and performance-wise.

There's only one car (Mustang) that I would sell/trade my S550 for - a GT350.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
A refresh isn't enough to justify the loss of value. I will be more interested in 7th generation as it will be more improvement over the important areas of the car. A full overhaul. Not an Apple iPhone upgrade.
Thank you for helping me find the perfect words to describe how I feel about the the '18 refresh...apple iPhone upgrade.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I do plan on keeping mine - though I answered "only for a GT350" because I would jump on one if it came available and I could afford the swap.

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, the poll question makes no sense, anyways..

I plan on keeping my Stang for about 10 years until my retirement nest egg starts getting paid out and then it's on to bigger and better things, at that point the Stang goes bye bye because it just me, also I might keep it if it was a GT but only being an Ecoboost, though nicely modded and soon to be performance tuned, just don't see the need to keep it at that point if I have something better coming into the garage.

TC

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Totally confused by the poll and answered wrong lol. I plan to keep this car until it dies. No point buying and modding a car like this just to trade it in. I couldn't justify throwing much if any money into it if I only had a short time to enjoy it.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh good, he's going to be one of those kids.
what does that mean? he has a 4.35 GPA out of 4 & hopefully will be attending Auburn to be a veterinarian. Quietest/shyest person I know!

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Keeping it. For at least 5 years. Then see what else comes out in the future. Who knows!

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
After see the 2018 I really cherish my 2016 and will keep it for a very long time

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
99.9% chance of being a d-bag being given a car like that at that age
:lol:never heard a mathlete/chess team member being called names before. did I mention he is on the high school robotics team?

ya di realize its just a mustang right? this is my 16th one if you countt my 1980 mercury capri in with the others. He likes cars. lets be glad he's not like other teens & wants an import. My old Command Master Chief gave his son a Shelby GT500 brand new when he turned 16. Now that's craziness.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Saving for a gt350. However, these things need to go down in value for me to afford one!

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
I'll be keeping it for a long time, unless an emergency requires a sale. I knew resale would be bad, but it hurts a little more since the STI I had really held it's value. It was a nice down payment on the GT....

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
99.9% chance of being a d-bag being given a car like that at that age
While the trend would suggest this is true, we do not know this man's son. He may be a responsible for his age kinda kid. May have been raised around high powered vehicles and respects the power and the opportunity.

My son will be 16 in August. I know him and he respects what he is given. There will be a day when I may let him take the Mustang out for a drive. He wants his own Mustang though, a Foxbody, for his first car.

And to answer the question, yes I will be keeping it for a while. Have to till I am right side up on trade LOL

WileECoyote79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost w/performance pack
I'm keeping mine for a couple of reasons. 1. I just got mine in October 2. Not a fan of the new front end styling. 3 Not enough of an upgrade. I plan on keeping this car for a long long time.
Sponsored