Will you keep or sell?

• Total voters

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
With all of the talk from folks asking about Resale Value, Trade ins, the new MY18, Bullitt, etc. I'm curious how many people intend to keep their cars.

For me, I don't plan to sell it. I truly love the look, sound, feel, options and universal nature of my car. While I might want random Premium features, I've never found anything that wasn't able to be added to the car. Things like leather, Nav, premium switches, interior lighting, and body trim can all be retroactively added. Besides, it gives me things to do and improve. I love projects.

The aftermarket will continue to catch up over the next 10 years as the S550 will be relevant performance cars into the future even as they age. As a previous SN95 and S197 owner, I know that in due time the values will lower significantly and I'll be stuck with the proposition of losing money if I sold. But in the end, it's the car that really lights my fire and makes me happy so I hope to be fortunate enough to keep it for a very long time.

How about you and yours?

Edit: Totally realized I did not word the Poll very well. Nevertheless, I hope you catch my drift.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I'd never buy a new car if I didn't intend to own it for a while so.. yes.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
All the Volkswagens I owned before this held their value very well. I understood that this car would not and bought it with the intent to own it for a long time. So she's a keeper for sure, but there's always cars I have my eye on and then I torture myself but also apologize to her. I make it up to her by buying her new parts :D

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I bought mine with the intention to keep it for a long time. Although a GT350 is enticing if I got one I would have to leave it alone just for the sake of the value and the future rarity of the car. I just like modifying my vehicles to much.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
A refresh isn't enough to justify the loss of value. I will be more interested in 7th generation as it will be more improvement over the important areas of the car. A full overhaul. Not an Apple iPhone upgrade.

Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I plan on keeping it for awhile, and will get more wild with the modding after I can afford a second car.

With that said, at some point I'm sure something will come out that I feel is an upgrade and will want to turn it over. For now, the 2016 is the favorite car I've owned (and driven) and have no intention of getting rid of it anytime soon.

16DIBEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ecoboost
With all of the talk from folks asking about Resale Value, Trade ins, the new MY18, Bullitt, etc. I'm curious how many people intend to keep their cars.

For me, I don't plan to sell it. I truly love the look, sound, feel, options and universal nature of my car. While I might want random Premium features, I've never found anything that wasn't able to be added to the car. Things like leather, Nav, premium switches, interior lighting, and body trim can all be retroactively added. Besides, it gives me things to do and improve. I love projects.

The aftermarket will continue to catch up over the next 10 years as the S550 will be relevant performance cars into the future even as they age. As a previous SN95 and S197 owner, I know that in due time the values will lower significantly and I'll be stuck with the proposition of losing money if I sold. But in the end, it's the car that really lights my fire and makes me happy so I hope to be fortunate enough to keep it for a very long time.

How about you and yours?

Edit: Totally realized I did not word the Poll very well. Nevertheless, I hope you catch my drift.
I kept my last mustang (2012 MCA Premium Performance Package) for 4 years, and during that time, had to have the rear end replaced, $4k in trans work, and a new engine, not to mention countless trips to the dealer for suspension repairs, noises and clunks.. when I got rid of it, it had about 90k miles on it. My '16 Premium Perf Pkg that I bought 6 months ago now has 14k miles on it.. it will be gone by the time it's 4 or 5 years old I'm sure.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
gonna give this car to my son in a few years when he is a senior in high school. He turns 16 in May & is a sophomore.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
How do you answer and either or question with yes or no??!?!? I plan to keep it, but I have no idea how to answer the poll.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
How do you answer and either or question with yes or no??!?!? I plan to keep it, but I have no idea how to answer the poll.
Yes = Yes you will keep it. No = No, you will trade it.

OP
OP
Agent_S550

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Yea sorry. I'm an idiot and got distracted when making the Poll. :lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to keep mine for a very long time, so resale value is of very little concern to me. The only time I ever think about it is if I had to sell it because something catastrophic happened and needed the cash beyond the emergency funds.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
No way in h*ll will I sell mine. This is my first new car, EVER and I'm in my mid 40's. I bought it with the intent to keep it for many years. Like my 2002 truck, had that for 14 years so far.
Sponsored