Sponsored

4c vs 5c converter

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
You would'nt use a 4c or 5c with a SC, more like a 3c. Na the 5c will be better then the 4c they are the same price so go for it!
Exactly 4C/5C are only for NA application really. Both are too loose for a blower car. You'd be better off with a 3C or stock converter honestly.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Exactly 4C/5C are only for NA application really. Both are too loose for a blower car. You'd be better off with a 3C or stock converter honestly.
Would you mind going into a little more detail? I'm fascinated.:DWhat would preclude you from using a 4c in a car like a supercharged Mustang? That would launch at about 3000RPMs and runs up to 7500RPM before shifting. I'm really fascinated about the stock converter comment.

Last edited:

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Would you mind going into a little more detail? I'm fascinated.:DWhat would preclude you from using a 4c in a car like a supercharged Mustang? That would launch at about 3000RPMs and runs up to 7500RPM before shifting. I'm really fascinated about the stock converter comment.
You can use a 5C in a blower car. I'm saying for optimal performance you'd probably want a 3C. I personally go with a 4C because my elevation will tighten the converter up. I have yet to see any blower auto car use a 4C. Most use stock converter or something tighter.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Also an update Shawn at aed gotta a hold of a soon to be releasex 6c in one of his n/a cars its not out yet but its coming soon...i have no stats on it though!

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I have yet to see any blower auto car use a 4C. Most use stock converter or something tighter.
Must not have looked too hard because there are alot of people who use a 4c on their auto blower cars. One for example is Slammedcoop who just posted up new times and videos...just look at his recent threads....

About most using the stock converter or something tighter. WelI I have never seen someone pull out their stock converter and put a tighter one in? Most with a PD blower use the stock converter and it works well. Centris need more (a looser) converter to launch hard.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Lotta misinformation gets kicked around these kind of threads. You have to know what set up, RPM range, length of track the car is built for. weight of car. What type of street manners the buyer can live with. ETC. Before you can arbitrarily say you cant use a 4C in a blown car. Or a 5C is best for an N/A car.

Last edited:
OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
thats whats great about forums!! pretty sure i will go 4c as it looks like it will work pretty well in both scenarios. driveability comes second to performance for me. on the flip side i will sacrifice .1-.2 (with 4c NA) to NOT have to send the converter off to downsize when i put the blower on (5c). thanks for all the info everyone, all thats left now is to decide when i should buy it!

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Yep i use a 4c on my car. Car launches like a damn animal!

This was when my car was averaging 9.6-9.7 and have since gone 9.47 with my 4c.

I always stall it to 1500rpm then stab it! The converter flashes so fast its hard not to let off lol

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]iHcfGicfAXM[/MEDIA]"]

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I run Circle D's 4E converter in my 6R80 (not to be confused with the 4C). When describing my mods and goals with Chris at Circle D, we agreed that the 5C was not enough converter and he stalled a 4E for me that flashes to 5,000 rpm's at WOT. The 4E is not listed on their website, but available none-the-less. Great street manners with a Mike Rousch tune and a blast at the track.

I really like big converters with NA builds, but also with centrifugal blowers that work best at high rpm's. If I ever went with a positive displacement blower, I'd likely tone down the converters stall speed a bit.

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
I ran a 4c and it made the car that much more fun to drive on the street. You can run a 4c with a Paxton or any other centri blower.

Sponsored

12leavu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium a6 2001 ford lightning

I always stall it to 1500rpm then stab it! The converter flashes so fast its hard not to let off lol

This video is why I ordered a 4c! Thanks

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

How's it driving around town, traffic and taking off from a stop?

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears