Sponsored

4c vs 5c converter

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
ideally i would like to hear from someone who has had both. how do they compare? I will be NA for a while with plans on a paxton down the road. from what i gather, 5c is better NA and the 4c would be better with the paxton. i am trying to have my cake and eat it too though!!

also, are people upgrading trans coolers with these big converters for street use??
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
4c here. No need to upgrade the trans cooler. It runs the same as stock temps.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
4c here. No need to upgrade the trans cooler. It runs the same as stock temps.
thanks for the info on the cooler.

as for the converter, any regrets? wish you had gone bigger/smaller? feel like you are leaving any ET on the table vs the 5c?

with the crazy high power band of the coyote i just cant help but feel that the bigger the converter, the better:eyebulge:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
No regrets. Best mod I made to the car. There isn't a street car out there that I worry about in the 1/8 mile. Here's a video of me racing a $130,000 dollar ZO6 in my lightly modded bolt on car.

[ame]

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 5c love it, hole shots are outrageous. I went with the 5c because thats what the guys at circle d recommended with my set up! With circle d if you change setups they will take your converter back and re do it to fit your new set up!

Sponsored

WestCyril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
I went with the 5C due to my build remaining NA/Nitrous for awhile. I also called Circle D and told them about my goals, setup, and elevation. They recommended me to go with the 5C due to it probably being a little tighter because of my elevation.

4C is still going to be so much better than stock converter NA. 5C is pretty aggressive in stop and go traffic but nothing too major.

If you plan on going boost within 6months are sooner id consider 3C/4C. If not 5C all the way.

Circle D only charges $300 to restall and rebuild a converter as well so not really much to worry about if you need to change it up.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
not sure how long it would be before i add boost.... guess i will have a decision to make.

also, the car is a second car and i live in a rural area, luckily traffic doesnt really factor in

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The coverters performance on the street is directly related to how good a tune it has. Mine is flawless on the street very easy to drive daily perfect part throttle delivery, and the rain is no problem. I never drive in the snow. I use Dr's all year round ... Because street tires are useless with this power and my converter.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have the 4C on a daily driver? Ever been stuck in rain or snow?

Thanks!
Very good street manners. Use the rain/snow driving mode in bad weather. It neuters the cars throttle down to nothing.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I ran a 4C. Best mod I ever did and was totally fine on the street. No need to upgrade the cooler.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
so the results of this thread are the same as the battle going on inside my head... torn between 4c and 5c lol

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
I have the 5C and while i dont daily the car....driving it around town and stuff is fine.... once you get used to it, its a blast.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
i have had a car with a converter before, so i am familiar with the driving characteristics. i guess i was more wondering how much et i would be leaving on the table NA with the 4c vs supercharged with a 5c

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You would'nt use a 4c or 5c with a SC, more like a 3c. Na the 5c will be better then the 4c they are the same price so go for it!
Sponsored