Sponsored

MMD Pre Painted Decklid Panel

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I bit the bullet and got an ingot painted panel for my car. Came today, going to mount it up tomorrow. Its cheap enough that I won't feel really bad if it looks dumb.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Well here it is, the fitment was difficult as it doesn't bow the same way as the stock panel, but I made it work. Took about 10 minutes to install being careful not to break any of the tabs.

The color match is spot on to my eyes, and I think it looks very good. Everyone is running around with a black panel so I wanted something a little different. Was worried the tail lights would look strange but I like the way it turned out.

Took some pictures, two in the direct sun and one in the shade.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
how's fitment? is it oem like? I'm about to pull the trigger but have concerns on the fitment

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
how's fitment? is it oem like? I'm about to pull the trigger but have concerns on the fitment
Would definitely like to know this, as well.

Seems to be a safe bet to buy shadow black! Does anybody have pictures yet of the UA to compare the two?

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
+1 on the fitment question. What does, "It doesn't bow like the oem panel mean?" I'm thinking about getting one of these, but now I'm hesitant.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Seems to be a safe bet to buy shadow black! Does anybody have pictures yet of the UA to compare the two?
+1 on the fitment question. What does, "It doesn't bow like the oem panel mean?" I'm thinking about getting one of these, but now I'm hesitant.
My Shadow Black is ordered. I will let you know.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went ahead and ordered one, I got the UA black, will be here tomorrow

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0

The OEM panel is slightly rounded to fit the trunk metal shape, look at the bottom edge of it and it is not a straight line. My MMR panel was not quite as rounded, and it uses less tabs to hook into the metal. It took considerable force to get it on and the screws started.

I'm very happy with the result, but the price is pretty low so you have to expect some little trade off. Its not "oem" fit like a glove but certainly not really a problem, once its on it looks the same.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You know what has to be done :cheers:
I'll give feedback and pics as soon as I get it mounted, Im nervous about the fitment

The OEM panel is slightly rounded to fit the trunk metal shape, look at the bottom edge of it and it is not a straight line. My MMR panel was not quite as rounded, and it uses less tabs to hook into the metal. It took considerable force to get it on and the screws started.

I'm very happy with the result, but the price is pretty low so you have to expect some little trade off. Its not "oem" fit like a glove but certainly not really a problem, once its on it looks the same.
I'll know today for sure, but I have concerns because I had an MMD grill on my 2011 gt and the fit was less than great.........

viperspeed99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost vert
Installed one on my DIB about a month back. Really easy to install, fitment actually really good for aftermarket piece, and color match was spot on.

I love it!

Josh
Sponsored