Sponsored

HELLION BOOSTS THE WORLDS MOST POWERFUL GT350!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
That is insane!!! Over 1,000HP and over 1,000TQ at the rear wheels?!?! :eyebulge: :eyebulge: LOL
I bet this build cost over 20K in total parts/labor.
Yeah let's hear a price.
Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
So here are a few question for you?

How would the larger turbo's do with a stock engine and limited to 4PSI of boost. Hopefully it would lag them enough to not start building boost until about 4k to allow tires and chassis to be settled before making boost. I think 4psi of high quality boost at the higher rpms would help keep things together better and still have a very linear tractable power band.

Is there any way to get the air inlets to not suck under hood heat especially in hotter climates? What are the typical inlet temps running while sitting in traffic? I know even the stock inlets temps get high but would think the temps will be considerably higher since inlets are on the sides of the engine near the exhaust manifolds and turbo's.

Is there any type of thermal damage being done too the components up front near the turbo's cause I know things will be very hot in this area?
turbo blankets FTW.

Also, I think there is enough room to run bullet filters and ducting to facilitate fresh air draw over engine compartment breathing.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Yeah let's hear a price.
I'm going to guess and say 10 for the turbo kit, another 3K-3500 for the supporting parts. lets round up to 4k , so we're at 14.

add roughly 30 hrs of shop time @ $150/hr... 4500.

i'd guess 18.5 if you had someone do the entire build.

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
ProCharger system with 6psi

How about up to 150+ or more REAR WHEEL HP right out of the gate with just 6psi of boost and pump gas? That's a pump gas friendly gain of over 175hp at the crankshaft on low boost! The ProCharger GT350 Mustang supercharger system comes 100% complete down to the ECM/PCM programing included, with NO permanent modifications to your Shelby. That's correct, you can enjoy all that power without cutting, drilling, bending, or any other modification to this wonderful Shelby Mustang.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm going to guess and say 10 for the turbo kit, another 3K-3500 for the supporting parts. lets round up to 4k , so we're at 14.

add roughly 30 hrs of shop time @ $150/hr... 4500.

i'd guess 18.5 if you had someone do the entire build.
If you paid for something like this custom youd be at like 30k easily

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Hmm I will investigate for some reason that sounds like nonsense to me. I feel like if they were so weak they hang open theyd loose contact with the cams and in all my years Ive never heard of upgrading valve spring for boost
I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. IMO it's common. I know I've heard of it a number of times from very reputable sources. :cheers:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. IMO it's common. I know I've heard of it a number of times from very reputable sources. :cheers:
Learn something new I guess. The compression stroke would create more pressure closing the valve then the boost is exerting on the back of the valve.. Not to mention somewhere else valve is opening in a cyclinder on the down stroke.

So what's the concern the pressure blowing open closed valves?

Not being dense but having a hard time seeing it. I've upgraded valve spring to run higher lift cam on a turbo car

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
ProCharger system with 6psi

How about up to 150+ or more REAR WHEEL HP right out of the gate with just 6psi of boost and pump gas? That's a pump gas friendly gain of over 175hp at the crankshaft on low boost! The ProCharger GT350 Mustang supercharger system comes 100% complete down to the ECM/PCM programing included, with NO permanent modifications to your Shelby. That's correct, you can enjoy all that power without cutting, drilling, bending, or any other modification to this wonderful Shelby Mustang.
Yeah well the procharger isn't making 1000+ rwhp. And you can also turbo the voodoo with less boost and still keep the stock internals. Turbos are the way to go. Ask ford.
Ford hasn't used a certifical supercharger since the 60s.
Not to mention, superchargers rob power to operate. Turbos don't.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What do you mean "money is no object builds"? When I build /rebuild an engine, it's best to replace everything needed and anything that has a failure history. (Valve springs fall into that category) granted this engine is fairly new, it's under boost and rpm. Why wouldn't you use stronger springs and lighter retainers?
Maybe I should say extreme builds?

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Yeah well the procharger isn't making 1000+ rwhp. And you can also turbo the voodoo with less boost and still keep the stock internals. Turbos are the way to go. Ask ford.
Ford hasn't used a certifical supercharger since the 60s.
Not to mention, superchargers rob power to operate. Turbos don't.
Supercharger can't be that bad, 2017 Corvettes Z06 went with a supercharger, also Dodge Hellcats......... Also why Ferrari dont like turbo's.

http://kinja.roadandtrack.com/why-ferrari-engineers-dont-like-turbos-1678575660

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Supercharger can't be that bad, 2017 Corvettes Z06 went with a supercharger, also Dodge Hellcats......... Also why Ferrari dont like turbo's.

http://kinja.roadandtrack.com/why-ferrari-engineers-dont-like-turbos-1678575660
My point is turbos make more efficient power by not robbing crank hp to turn them. Blowers need a belt as you know and that takes away power to turn them. On a top fuel supercharger it takes approximately 750 crank hp to turn the blower. I know that's a different subject but it's an example.
Blowers also need extra fuel to cool the combustion and heat.

earlSpilner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base (arriving Dec 2015)
I personally am really interested to see how the "regular" 9psi kit performs on a track and on the street. Does it overheat? Does the power come on smooth. Is it prone to breaking shit on the engine?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.