carbon steering wheel/alcantara

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
In the market for a replacement steering wheel for my 15 gt. i have seen a few on here with carbon fiber with a straight bottom and alcantara sides. that is probably my favorite and choice over a gt350 wheel. what are the best ones on the market right now? any suggestions? thanks!
Sponsored

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
The carbon ones do look nice but I feel like the alcantara of gt350 wheel matches with the rest of the interior better. There is a guy here who was/is going to make some custom carbon wheels if I remember correctly.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I really like the carbon ones, I feel like the alcantara might be tough to clean. The carbon seems like it could get slick, but at the same time many manufacturers have been using smooth wood grain wheels for years with no issues.

JasonS1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP M6
I got mine from [MENTION=25687]Beith Performance Parts[/MENTION].Not cheap, especially for something that doesn't add HP or drop weight. But like others have said, the steering wheel is one of the two things your hands are always on (or the only thing if you have an auto), so worth it to me to have a nice one to grip.

Any questions, just let me know...
IMG_20161204_133421.jpg

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I got mine from [MENTION=25687]Beith Performance Parts[/MENTION].Not cheap, especially for something that doesn't add HP or drop weight. But like others have said, the steering wheel is one of the two things your hands are always on (or the only thing if you have an auto), so worth it to me to have a nice one to grip.

That looks great and makes the interior more sporty.

Sponsored

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost

^^^What he said

68135D22-7D6E-45A2-A2ED-FF818840878B_zpsow7peabp.jpg

OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I got mine from @Beith Performance Parts .Not cheap, especially for something that doesn't add HP or drop weight. But like others have said, the steering wheel is one of the two things your hands are always on (or the only thing if you have an auto), so worth it to me to have a nice one to grip.

I have actually talked with them to find out more info on that wheel. it is pricey :eyebulge: but almost seems worth it like you said, your hand will always be on it. how is the carbon at the top?? does your hand get sweaty/slick while driving? is it comfortable? how is the quality? for $600+ that thing better be perfect in my opinion.....

also, how hard is the install? something I should attempt or could it be something I could just pay my dealer to do so I can avoid the hassle?

thank you for your input!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Steering wheel removal is remarkably easy... there is a great video from CJs Pony Parts...

Here is my wheel from dctms... no alcantara, but quite flat at the bottom

JasonS1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP M6
I have actually talked with them to find out more info on that wheel. it is pricey :eyebulge: but almost seems worth it like you said, your hand will always be on it. how is the carbon at the top?? does your hand get sweaty/slick while driving? is it comfortable? how is the quality? for $600+ that thing better be perfect in my opinion.....

also, how hard is the install? something I should attempt or could it be something I could just pay my dealer to do so I can avoid the hassle?

thank you for your input!
I've only had it on for a couple of weeks and it's winter, so can't really comment on the sweaty part. But I don't think it'll be a concern unless you are in Arizona or Dubai.

Carbon is awesome, looks perfect, as is the alcantara. And it feels fantastic to drive with. Zero complaints about any part of it, and probably the best non-performance upgrade I've done.

Install was easy, and I'm novice wrencher. Just disconnect the battery, wait a while for the juice to drain (I waited 30 minutes), then release a few spring clips and pop off the airbag. The rest was just bolts, clips and screws.

As was mentioned, check out the videos available, they will be a big help.

Last edited:

R2 AUTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I will be selling my Carbon Dynamics one pretty soon...PM me maybe we can work something out.
IMG_0039.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joelang33

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Steering wheel removal is remarkably easy... there is a great video from CJs Pony Parts...

Here is my wheel from dctms... no alcantara, but quite flat at the bottom

how much did this run you? is it special order only?

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
It was $599 + shipping + core... about the same as others are running. You can get custom configurations as well, all leather/alcantara, etc...

Just send a note to Ivan at [email protected] and ask him for a quote.

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
It was $599 + shipping + core... about the same as others are running. You can get custom configurations as well, all leather/alcantara, etc...

Just send a note to Ivan at [email protected] and ask him for a quote.
Not gonna lie I balked at that price tag. But JEESUS CHRISTE in a handbasket that brings the wheel in to supercar terroritory!