Sponsored

C7Carbon | Carbon Fiber Mustang parts 3D designed. Help us create new parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I always get frustrated when a new company comes into town and makes crap thats already on everyones cars. why not some new crap so at least we have choices. CF z06 style mudflaps, a legit roof spoiler, rear diffuser fins, canards that flow with our bumper lines, interior pieces so we dont have to use vinyl over the crap chrome. theres tons of untapped pieces that could and need to be made.
+3

Really sucks that I have to prototype my own rear valance, diffuser, battery relocation kit, and splash guards because none of the existing companies are willing to offer them. :frusty:

I guess that necessity is the mother for invention...
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Hope the Mustang parts fit better than the Corvette parts,

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I'd buy headlight buckets to get rid of the chrome trim with orange reflector if they are priced reasonably, say $500-750 a pair. For the clear lenses I could get used cracked factory buckets from the net.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
+3

Really sucks that I have to prototype my own rear valance, diffuser, battery relocation kit, and splash guards because none of the existing companies are willing to offer them. :frusty:

We need a REAL track aero package with venting setups.
For example:
Brake duct inlets and routing
Fender mount relocate trans cooler one side
Fender mount AC and oil cooler opposite side
New fender liner treatment or partial delete
Intercooler and rad stay center
Massive hood venting starting BEFORE front serpentine
Massive hood vent rear hood area
Battery relocate to trunk
Squirrel cage fan mounts on underside of hood blowing out rear of hood or straight up above each bank
Get a procharger, paxton, vortech, KB, TVS, Whipple, Roush, TT kit cars and make sure it works with all of them.

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For example:
Squirrel cage fan mounts on underside of hood blowing out rear of hood or straight up above each bank
Get a procharger, paxton, vortech, KB, TVS, Whipple, Roush, TT kit cars and make sure it works with all of them.
+1, except for the squirell fan.

What if I told you their was room for battery relocation under the trunk with plenty of room for a real functional diffuser, maintaining current exhaust routing configurations?

Sponsored

OP
OP
C7 Carbon

C7 Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang
Hi Guys,
Thank you so much for your feedback we really appreciate your interest, our product development team is already reviewing your suggestions. Lets keep that input coming, you can help us make a reality that CF part you've always been looking for! :thumbsup:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I'd like to see some side skirts that offer a lower stance with rock guards and aero built in. I'm not big on 3m taping shit to the side of my car and calling it functional.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Are there any stock parts that could be replaced with CF that offer a significant weight reduction over the stock pieces? The already-mentioned suggestions are good but seem to mostly be cosmetic, without offering much weight savings. The answer may be no, or yes but at an exorbitant cost, but I'm just asking.

[BTW, when you click on "Ford" on your website, it displays Chevrolet products....]

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I always get frustrated when a new company comes into town and makes crap thats already on everyones cars. why not some new crap so at least we have choices. CF z06 style mudflaps, a legit roof spoiler, rear diffuser fins, canards that flow with our bumper lines, interior pieces so we dont have to use vinyl over the crap chrome. theres tons of untapped pieces that could and need to be made.
+4.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Non 3m tape, Lambo-style paddle shifters.

Sponsored

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Sill Guards

I'd love to see some carbon fiber Sill Guards/door kick plates and maybe speaker surrounds if it could be FORM FIT and not just look stuck on.

I hear everyone on getting functional parts that no one else is making. Having friends in the industry unless you are an established company the cost to create these things and generate enough interest is ASTRONOMICAL - many companies literally make only enough they need to to pay for the part and give people paychecks with ZERO profit. - This obviously means that parts will be expensive. CHEAP & QUALITY do not always go hand in hand.

That said - any of these companies outsourcing & mass producing overseas for pennies on the dollar and then bring them back on US soil with the astronomical markups pisses me off. They price themselves completely out of the market and a handful of well off hobbyists.

This weekend at Tuner-Evolution in Charlotte I saw a 2015 i think it was BMW M4 - He had replaced all the black plastic with carbon fiber pieces. He paid 2,000 + for his rear diffuser and just that morning I was bitching about 400 for one for the mustang. But I guess that 2K was the reason his car was on the showroom floor and mine was in the parking lot.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
+3

For example:
Add me to that list. I'm more of a functional guy than a cosmetic guy. Some add ons of my own:
  • Better functional interior: things are way out of reach for me inside the car... would be nice if there was something that you can mount the center console on that tilts the controls towards the driver.
  • Badass hood... don't regurgitate what someone else has designed, go with something unique. +1 if you can figure out how to get it to ram air or extract heat.
  • Undercarriage airflow panels: Look up Project Sledgehammer from Callaway...
  • Badass engine covers might get you more business. I hear the GT350 manifold requires modification to fit on a Coyote, might be a good place to start.
  • Interior accent or replacement pieces that give the interior a different look or feel. +1 if they actually serve a purpose

If any you want specifics, PM me :)

vudumonkey25

DAYMANN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black V6 Vert
interior door handles please. Also replacments for all the interior chromy bits like the gauges.

This, tweeter carbon rings, and maplight box in carbon.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
Clean Fog Area

I would love to see a cleaned up fog light area to remove the fogs and added a vertical inlet.

It is at least something a little different than the "we have carbon replacement parts too".
2016-09-20 08_50_52-s550_mountain_1.psd @ 100% (Layer 913, RGB_8#) _.jpg

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'd love to see some carbon fiber Sill Guards/door kick plates and maybe speaker surrounds if it could be FORM FIT and not just look stuck on.

I hear everyone on getting functional parts that no one else is making. Having friends in the industry unless you are an established company the cost to create these things and generate enough interest is ASTRONOMICAL - many companies literally make only enough they need to to pay for the part and give people paychecks with ZERO profit. - This obviously means that parts will be expensive. CHEAP & QUALITY do not always go hand in hand.

That said - any of these companies outsourcing & mass producing overseas for pennies on the dollar and then bring them back on US soil with the astronomical markups pisses me off. They price themselves completely out of the market and a handful of well off hobbyists.

This weekend at Tuner-Evolution in Charlotte I saw a 2015 i think it was BMW M4 - He had replaced all the black plastic with carbon fiber pieces. He paid 2,000 + for his rear diffuser and just that morning I was bitching about 400 for one for the mustang. But I guess that 2K was the reason his car was on the showroom floor and mine was in the parking lot.
A functional rear diffuser for the S550 that has a measurable pressure drop will likely cost $2k as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.