Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Hey guys and girls,

Just want to let you all know that the PMAS cold air intake kit is now available for the GT350's! This is the hottest intake on the market for the 11-16 Mustang GT's as it has shown impressive gains on the dyno and at the drag strip (yes, we know most of you don't drag race but HP = MPH).

I use this intake on my 2012 Mustang GT with a Lund Tune and have been very happy with it. Looks great, sounds great and I picked up serious MPH at the drag strip over the stock air box.

Currently, what's available is the *TUNE REQUIRED* kit. You reuse your stock mass air flow (MAF) sensor with this kit which features a 120mm housing, so that's why a tune is required.

COMING SOON: No Tune Required kits which will feature a calibrated PMAS MAF sensor. That means big gains without worrying about your factory powertrain warranty.

You can find more info about the kit in the link below as well as place your orders!

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pm...velocity-air-intake-system-tune-required.html

Thanks! :cheers:
Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Love seeing more options become available.

Will there be pictures of it installed and dyno numbers coming soon? I would also assume not CA legal?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Trans cooler is my priority

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Love seeing more options become available.

Will there be pictures of it installed and dyno numbers coming soon? I would also assume not CA legal?
Photos and numbers should come soon, but as of right now, these kits are NOT CARB approved and not advertised as such.

In the mean time, here is an install photo on the Mustang GT which will not differ much on a GT350 other than the engine cover, really...

IMG_9266-640x427.jpg

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Some people have differing opinions because it doesn't look like anything else on the market. This intake was designed with flow in mind first and foremost. PMAS did a lot of flow testing with these to ensure they are the highest flowing intakes on the market as well as providing the cleanest MAF signal. It doesn't look like the traditional kits on the market, but those kits also don't flow the amount of air this intake can.

This graph shows how each intake kit flows and as you can see, the PMAS is by far the highest flowing design.

pmas_flow.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
There are plenty of dyno numbers from member here in the GT section if you wanted to read up on those it will give you a good idea. Here is a dyno that PMAS had an independent shop do with their intake vs the JLT on a 2013 Mustang GT. In this test, the car is running the stock tune and uses the PMAS No Tune Intake which features a calibrated MAF sensor. PMAS also calibrated a sensor for the JLT so that they could run it on the stock tune just like they do their own intake. The JLT picked up about 5 rwhp over stock and the PMAS picked up another 15 over the JLT...

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
How would this pair with other bolt ons? Headers for example? I assume the tune would absolutely be required then?

Is it better to wait for the intake that doesn't require a tune?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
they offer the tune required and MAF calibrated options I thought. Considering that the stock tune seems to have plenty of fuel and timing room I would think that if calibrated it would also provide plenty of headroom for more flow, with injectors that should keep up provided it is not e-85.

I would think twice about running this with the flex fuel tune though after seeing how close the stock injectors can get to max duty cycle with lotsa corn on stock air.

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
they offer the tune required and MAF calibrated options I thought. Considering that the stock tune seems to have plenty of fuel and timing room I would think that if calibrated it would also provide plenty of headroom for more flow, with injectors that should keep up provided it is not e-85.

I would think twice about running this with the flex fuel tune though after seeing how close the stock injectors can get to max duty cycle with lotsa corn on stock air.
When the No Tune kits are ready, we'll let everyone know and you are correct that the factory tune does have enough fueling to handle that configuration. There is no difference in intakes, just the No Tune kit comes with a calibrated MAF so that the PCM knows exactly how much air is coming in to fuel it properly. If you already have a custom tune, save some money and buy the tune required kit and request a tune revision. If you still have the stock tune and have no plans to tune to the car in the near future due to warranty or any other preference, then the No Tune kit would be the best option.
Sponsored