Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Simultaneous High Beams and Fog Lights location

Code: 726-27-01: 0100 0001 0058 (Disabled)
Change to: 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057 (Enabled)

Each time I change the code to this : 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057, when I click on 'write', I have this in the area : 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0056 and it doesn't work.
when you make the change, don't change the last 2 bits, and when you get the checksum error, click yes. ForScan will automatically correct the last 2 checksum bits for you. So...you will only change to 726-27-01 0100 0000 00 and let ForScan change the last 2 digits.

Do someone knows if this will work in the 2015 Mustang, found here : http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573&pid=86953#pid86953

This enables the Approach Detection that the Lincoln's have...

BdyCM (As-Built)

726-55-01: 0101 0101 0188 (Enabled)
726-55-01: 0000 0000 0083 (Disabled)
No, doesn't work on anything but a Lincoln. There are extra parameter sensors that aren't available on the Ford vehicles.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Anyone use the As-Built Compare program from Compulsivecode that could help me out?

I'm trying to compare As-Built files and not really sure what I'm looking at/for. I started by loading a .abt file from before I made a couple changes and a .abt file after I made the changes. Looking in the "Compare As-Built" tab, only modules 727 and 7D0 show up. I thought I would be able to see the changes I made but under the column "Same?", everything says "Yes". I'm not sure what I should see.

Then I tried loading the downloaded As-Built .ab file for my VIN and comparing it to the modified file. Now it shows 23 modules but still everything says "Yes" in the "Same" column. How do I look for differences?
Silly to quote my own post but wanted it for reference - what I'm trying to do. I'm not sure what I did wrong the other day but now I'm able to save a complete module in FORSCan and use the As-Built Compare tool to compare it to the original file downloaded from Ford, very handy and it is showing "No" in the "Same" column now. Does anyone know a way to download all of the modules as 1 big file to compare to the original?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Change Tire Size using FORScan

I wanted to share something I figured out. Sorry if it's already known but I couldn't find it here. When comparing my As-Built data, I found a value that didn't match the original AB and I didn't change it in FORScan. It was 0726-12-01 xxxx xXXX xxxx. Since it was under the same parameter as my Rear Axle Ratio 0726-12-01 XXXX xxxx xxxx, I figured it was related and probably tire size so it made it easier to search. I did change the tire size using the FP ProCal tuner.

This is nice so you don't have to have a handheld tuner to change your tire size. A person (Dordogne) posted about this on the FORSCan forum and even created a calculator for it. This is what he said.

If you convert the hex to decimal, what you get is the circumference of the rear tire in millimeters - but with some sort of revs/mile conversion factor applied. What this conversion factor is can vary depending on year. I did most of my initial research on 2016-2017 Mustangs, and on those cars it was very close to 96.7% of the nominal tire circumference. This conversion factor also seems to work for newer Explorers and F150s, and 2017+ Fusions. I found that 2016 and earlier Fusions seemed to use a conversion factor of 97.7%.

So for example, let's take the rear tire on my 2017 Mustang GT with Performance Pack. The rear tires are 275/40R19. The formula to figure the nominal circumference of that tire size is ((275 * 40 * 0.02) + (19 * 25.4) ) * Pi which gets you 2207mm rounded off. Multiply that by the conversion factor of 96.7% and you get 2134mm rounded off. Convert 2134 to hex and you get 0856. Compare that to the factory as-built for my car which is 0858 - pretty close, off by a whole 2 millimeters.

As you would imagine, armed with these formulas you can program any tire size, not just ones that came as factory options on your car. And if your speedometer is still off, you can measure it against an accurate source like GPS, and use that to refine your value even further.​

Here's a link to the tool he created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWnuQZlDTUGjKjmJje1QJIR8Z2c7Kf8KBZxKnw_8EqU/edit#gid=0

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I wanted to share something I figured out.
This was figured out a couple of months ago, and there was a thread created in the wheels & tires forum, but since it was never stickied it seems to get lost a few pages back.

Unfortunately, using the method of changing via ForScan does cause a DTC to be set without illuminating the CEL, since the value does not match what the PCM expects to see. Using your programmer fixes the PCM as well, so no DTC is set.

Had any luck finding any other differences since installing the tune? I noticed the other day that the GT350 guys are changing the A to a 0 to remove sound enhancement in the as-built data, but from what I have read the value 8 is used in cars with OEM tweeters, and 0 is used without. Since yours still had a value of A, it makes me curious if they just completely disable the sensor somehow.

imalek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT
Hello everyone,

I bought the OBDlink MX WIFI (red box) and i cannot link to the forscan application, the application is showing error message after timeout connection : "No ELM component found".

Any ideas regarding this error ?

I honestly bought this hardware because of the forscan app, to open some hidden features in my stang :(

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Hello everyone,

I bought the OBDlink MX WIFI (red box) and i cannot link to the forscan application, the application is showing error message after timeout connection : "No ELM component found".

Any ideas regarding this error ?

I honestly bought this hardware because of the forscan app, to open some hidden features in my stang :(
Have you connected your laptop to the wifi network from the ODBLink before starting Forscan?

imalek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT
Hello everyone,

How can i find possible modifications that can be done for my 2011 stang ?
Also i believe that the taillight sequencer is a built in feature, did any one find this features ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
6R80 question:

For those dabbling in the As Built, has anyone come across how to make the gear selection stay displayed when in "D"? I'm referring to the numeric values such as when in Drive mode, in X-gear, keep the "1" (or x-value) displayed in the gauge cluster all the time based on the current gear the transmission is actually in?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
6R80 question:

For those dabbling in the As Built, has anyone come across how to make the gear selection stay displayed when in "D"? I'm referring to the numeric values such as when in Drive mode, in X-gear, keep the "1" (or x-value) displayed in the gauge cluster all the time based on the current gear the transmission is actually in?
That's not really an "as-built" feature. What you're describing is cluster programming.

As-built feature changes rely on the fact that the same version of the module programming exists in every vehicle regardless of options that were built into the vehicle. The programming reads stored parameters (as-built data) that tell it things like: which modules are present, axle revolutions per mile, which splash screen to put on the console when you enter, &c. These stored parameters indicate which coded path the software runs. As-built data changes cause different lines of code to run. For instance, changing the as-built data in a v6 Mustang APIM to match a GT350 will get you a snake on the display when you enter. The code is all there, hidden, as it's cheaper to make one version of the programming and apply it to every vehicle than make a different version for every possible combination of options... and code weighs nothing.

In your case, you are wanting a feature that no vehicle was built with. The coding for that functionality simply does not exist.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Can anyone tell me if there are any parameters related to the HVAC/Climate Control that can be changed? I just checked Ford parts online, and the Dual-Zone HVAC and manual HVAC are all the same part numbers for every single part, except for the controls themselves.

Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I mad a account with them but how do you request the license part ?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Can anyone tell me if there are any parameters related to the HVAC/Climate Control that can be changed? I just checked Ford parts online, and the Dual-Zone HVAC and manual HVAC are all the same part numbers for every single part, except for the controls themselves.
That's an interesting one.

The two steps would be to 1) identify all relevant hardware differences (which it sounds like you've done), and 2) compare as-built data between cars with and without Dual-Zone HVAC.

For #2, you'll want to find as many VINs as you can with different combinations of options. The process is explained in the first post. A good source for VINs in cars.com and autotrader. Then the as-built data can be downloaded from motorcraftservice.com and a detailed options list is available from the ETIS.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
That's an interesting one.

The two steps would be to 1) identify all relevant hardware differences (which it sounds like you've done), and 2) compare as-built data between cars with and without Dual-Zone HVAC.

For #2, you'll want to find as many VINs as you can with different combinations of options. The process is explained in the first post. A good source for VINs in cars.com and autotrader. Then the as-built data can be downloaded from motorcraftservice.com and a detailed options list is available from the ETIS.

Thanks, I actually have someone comparing the ABD for my car (2015 Base GT) and a 2015 Premium (Non PP) car. With the new Android-based head unit (People are calling it the Tesla unit) it will control the dual zone. I'm HOPING that since all the hardware is the same (aside from controls) that a simple flashing makes it functional, or it could be a big letdown. Either way, we're going for it.

samsheng831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have all the hardware installed. I just need to activate it. I have everything plugged in and ready to go. Harness sensors...everything
I am quite interested in retrofitting these equipment, do you mind telling me what is missing when I try to install those to a car that has none as-built?
Thank you!
Sponsored