Sponsored

New Steeda Q-series spoiler installed (paint-matched)

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I just ordered mine today. Any tips for removing original spoiler or installing this one?
Sponsored

OP
OP

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
I have the Performance Package GT so I had no original spoiler to remove. I just made sure it test fit well and used painters tape to mark the exact position I wanted. Look at my first post.....I put some weight on it to ensure a tight fit while the sealant cured. Good Luck. The results will be worth the minimal effort.

paintchips.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Check this out

[ame]

Just search for anything on your computer! Check for 2015 Gt Mustang rear spoiler removal. :cheers:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Nice job with the install and video. Thanks for posting this as just today I gave mine to a friend to be painted gloss black. I get my car in about 3 weeks and will be installing mine so it was nice to see exactly what to do.

Jaime

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I think this is the best looking spoiler I've seen. It seems to have the perfect balance. I like my MMD Foose spoiler, but it's a little on the small side. The MMD V-series seems just a bit too large. This one seems right in the middle and no lower section in the center looks good as well. If they sold them pre-painted, I'd probably switch mine to the Q-series.

HINT HINT STEEDA

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I thought it was going to be expensive to get it painted, but it wasn't bad at all. And mine was a little more expensive because of the stripes I got put on over top of the spoiler.

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have the Performance Package GT so I had no original spoiler to remove. I just made sure it test fit well and used painters tape to mark the exact position I wanted. Look at my first post.....I put some weight on it to ensure a tight fit while the sealant cured. Good Luck. The results will be worth the minimal effort.

paintchips.jpg

Thanks man, and yes looking forward to it. I have run at GT500 spoiler on my 12GT and 13 Boss 302, and this will finish off the exterior of my 16'.

Check this out

Just search for anything on your computer! Check for 2015 Gt Mustang rear spoiler removal. :cheers:
:cheers:

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone having issues with clue holding after time and weather? I haven't installed mine and am having 2nd thoughts due to the spoiler not being bolted down.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone having issues with clue holding after time and weather? I haven't installed mine and am having 2nd thoughts due to the spoiler not being bolted down.
We have this wing on several of our cars in Fl & GA ... daily drivers, car washes & rain storms - no issues.

TJ

cdmustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
We have this wing on several of our cars in Fl & GA ... daily drivers, car washes & rain storms - no issues.

TJ
Those are warmer weather states, I am in NJ where we have much colder temps in the winter. Not uncommon to be in the teens. Not sure what that will do the glue?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Okay - I will do one better ... I know an owner in Michigan with the StreetFigther & he hasn't had issues.

I will let others weigh in from colder climates but the 3M glue is pretty durable.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored