Sponsored

Need to get my lowering springs installed - UPDATE Installed W/Pics

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Anyone know of a good place in SE Michigan I can get my Ford Racing Lowering springs installed?

I bought them a few weeks ago with the intention of doing it myself but I have since torn my rotator cuff and will be having surgery sometime at the end of June, there is no way I can do it myself anytime soon

Thanks

UPDATE

Got the springs installed 1 inch drop all around

Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I had mine done at the dealership where I bought the car ... they'd already done tons of them the salesman said before me.

OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I had mine done at the dealership where I bought the car ... they'd already done tons of them the salesman said before me.

I called the dealership I bought the car from, they said they "don't do that" then he laughed and said "no dealership will do that"

I then called another local dealer and asked, they said they do em all the time, it's an 8 hour job at $100 per labour hour plus $89 for allignment.....

I'll keep calling around, there are alot of dealers around here

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
8 hr job! That's a rip off. I believe the book is 4 hrs and I think even that's generous. Keep looking.

OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
8 hr job! That's a rip off. I believe the book is 4 hrs and I think even that's generous. Keep looking.
Yep! I told the guy I could do it quicker in my driveway, he says "no way, you have to..." then trys to tell me what has to be done, I talk over him and step by step tell him what has to be done. I said I could probably do it myself in 4 hours in my driveway, you guys should be able to do it quicker, but I guess you don't want my business. He says "well...." I said, no you don't want any of my business, including purchases of new cars....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
All right, called a few other dealers, Got a quote of $440 with allignment, made an appointment for Thursday so looks like I'm all good!!

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I also approached my Ford dealer and they said about a grand to install the Ford springs. I also asked about a cat back system and they said the system replaces the rear valance and would be about $3000 installed. I knew there were other options but I think they were also just trying to price themselves out of the work. When I inquired I got the sense they had no intention on doing this work. I was annoying them. That is too bad as Ford could really pump up their customers to customize their cars if their dealers would encourage them to do so.
I think $440 is fair for labor with alignment. I had my Eibach's installed at Belle Tire here in Midland Mi today as they are a dealer and I don't have the time or best tools to do the job. They charged $650 for the springs installed with alignment. I think that is fair as they did spend 3 to 4 hours on the install + the alignment.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
That's why it pays to learn to self install. Especially when it come to bolt on stuff. It's pretty straightforward. Take off whatever you're upgrading and put in the new part. Put it back together the way you found it. It's another thing to maybe do boost or electrical stuff but springs, exhaust, spoilers, etc are super easy.

The investment in the tools pays off in the long run. I did my springs in the garage. I had a BS autozone jack and bought a heavy duty low pro from harbor freight for around $100, impact gun for around $50, and the impact sockets for $25. I had all the other stuff and a compressor from my nail gun.

Sorry about the shoulder. Obviously physical limitations aside don't be afraid to get under your car and tinker around. You'd be surprised how easy it can be.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Turbostang15

Turbostang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I agree 100%. I most definitely would have done this myself if physically possible. I'd even wait till after surgery and do it myself. Unfortunately my surgery is at the end of June, then physical therapy puts me into August before I can even think of doing it myself.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
MRT is in the area. Livernois is another option. Almost any alignment shop.

Pao_Silverstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost performance package
How is the ride brother?
Sponsored