Sponsored

Magnaflow vs Borla

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is the system 2.75" or 3"?
2.75" makes slightly more power through the RPM and at WOT also so we used 2.75"

You'll find that other exhaust companies are quoting about 15hp increase over stock at peak HP with a 3" exhaust and the stock manifolds/cats. I can tell you from experience that larger diameter lose power in the lower RPM range.

Our 2.75" exhaust consistently made a little over 18hp at peak HP with a more consistent increase throughout the RPM range. Some of the runs were even higher but we're quoting an 18HP increase.

Which is why Ford used 2.75". This is a "halo" car for Ford and the whole point of this car is to show the world what they can do, how well their cars perform etc. They surely have access to the 3" pipes and tooling necessary to make a 3" exhaust, they have access to the best computer modeling software available, flowbenches, dynos, track testing etc. and if 3" made more power they would have used it for this car.

Anyhow, our system is 2.75"
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Group buy or introductory pricing? I'd love to put your setup on my R; I've been waiting for it. :love:
Ditto!:love:

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
2.75" makes slightly more power through the RPM and at WOT also so we used 2.75"

You'll find that other exhaust companies are quoting about 15hp increase over stock at peak HP with a 3" exhaust and the stock manifolds/cats. I can tell you from experience that larger diameter lose power in the lower RPM range.

Our 2.75" exhaust consistently made a little over 18hp at peak HP with a more consistent increase throughout the RPM range. Some of the runs were even higher but we're quoting an 18HP increase.

Which is why Ford used 2.75". This is a "halo" car for Ford and the whole point of this car is to show the world what they can do, how well their cars perform etc. They surely have access to the 3" pipes and tooling necessary to make a 3" exhaust, they have access to the best computer modeling software available, flowbenches, dynos, track testing etc. and if 3" made more power they would have used it for this car.

Anyhow, our system is 2.75"
The performance advantage from you exhaust would be coming from the true 2.75 X pipe and your muffler design since the factory piping is 2.75"?

Will axlebacks be available?

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
ATAK...on a 350?! :shocked:

So that's the only sound level though that you'd be offering then just because it wouldn't make sense to have a "Touring" exhaust. Since it's dual mode, "Touring" would be normal mode on your system like the Vettes? S Type probably just doesn't fit the portfolio right given the sound levels already from the factory in Sport mode, I'm assuming.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Are there any sound clips yet?

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
ATAK...on a 350?! :shocked:

So that's the only sound level though that you'd be offering then just because it wouldn't make sense to have a "Touring" exhaust. Since it's dual mode, "Touring" would be normal mode on your system like the Vettes? S Type probably just doesn't fit the portfolio right given the sound levels already from the factory in Sport mode, I'm assuming.
You are spot on with this. Correct.

Sponsored

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are there any sound clips yet?
We had to give the car back to the owner the very second we were done with development so we couldn't shoot a video with that car. We're looking for another one to make a video with.

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
We had to give the car back to the owner the very second we were done with development so we couldn't shoot a video with that car. We're looking for another one to make a video with.
I'm a few hours from you in Fresno but wouldn't mind letting you make one of my car...

Also interested in the first batch when parts are released. Can't wait to hear what you guys made!

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Any ballpark on pricing? I'm going to email and get in on the list

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)