SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
RK Sport Carbon Front Splitter​

I bought this piece of carbon perfection a few months ago, before I'd pulled the trigger on the Procharger kit. Then once I'd decided to go all-out on the engine mods, I put this up for sale, thinking I'd sell the non-necessities to re-coup some cash in the wallet. Well, nobody bought it, so I ended up keeping it :) I'd say it worked out for the best in the end, because having now installed this on my car, I think it looks simply stunning :clap2:

This was purchased from American Muscle, link to the product:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/rksport-carbonfiber-front-splitter-1517.html

I haven't seen many people with RK Sport carbon parts, so I was taking a gamble that it would be on an equal level to the likes of Anderson Composites, Trufiber etc.

This splitter is plug and play fitment, but as I came to discover, it has no holes for the belly pan. So I'll have to figure that part out.

Some product pics, and comparison to the stock Performance Pack splitter...

Install was just unbolt stock, and bolt up the carbon...

Finished install on a cloudy morning, not the best lighting, but you get the jist. Looks sweeeet in person :love:

Will get better full car pics when the sun is out :cheers:​
Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
that looks nice

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=19281]jabrax[/MENTION]

Thanks! :) Shame the white cloudy skies reflect of it so much in the photos...hard to see the carbon weave...but I'll get better pics once the weather clears up.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I was "this close" to buying that from you Tim lol. I definitely plan on getting CF splitter and side skirts to tie in my rear valance it's just the timing wasn't right. I have never heard of that company but it looks great.

Hopefully very soon I can pick some more money from my stashed money tree, just waiting for more buds to hatch lol. Loving the way your car has come out my friend.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey man, looks great! I like how it has a similar shape to the OEM piece. That's been a stickler for me with some of the other pieces on that market.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I was "this close" to buying that from you Tim lol. I definitely plan on getting CF splitter and side skirts to tie in my rear valance it's just the timing wasn't right. I have never heard of that company but it looks great.

Hopefully very soon I can pick some more money from my stashed money tree, just waiting for more buds to hatch lol. Loving the way your car has come out my friend.
Lol, I remember you asking if it fitted the base belly pan...I knew I'd caught your interest :D As things worked out, it doesn't have any belly pan holes? So I've no idea how the heck I'm supposed to bolt my pan back on. Going to have to try and figure something out or else I'm going to be pan-less, not the best for aerodynamics :headbonk:

Hey man, looks great! I like how it has a similar shape to the OEM piece. That's been a stickler for me with some of the other pieces on that market.

Thanks Tod! Yes I like the angular look too. It resembles the PP splitter, but is more angular at the corner edges and alot beefier in overall depth. It was a toss up between this and the Trufiber one that is on Dennis' SC Ruby build.

That looks sweet Tim. Very nice!

I appreciate that, thank you my friend! :cheers:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thanks Todd! Yes I like the angular look too. It resembles the PP splitter, but is more angular at the corner edges and alot beefier in overall depth. It was a toss up between this and the Trufiber one that is on Dennis' SC Ruby build.
That's what I was thinking too. The Anderson unit requires a retro fit to a non-PP belly pan but the trufiber piece has a rounded look to it. It would match my trufiber grill though.

I wonder if the RK sport rocker panels have the same beffiness (sp?) as the front splitter though...

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
You have to transfers the hole pattern and drill holes. I ran without the belly pan last week and the drivers side splash guard front bottom 3 pins came out and it rubbed against the tire and wore a massive hole in it. $75 plus shipping for a new one so for now good ole duct tape found another use for me lol.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
You have to transfers the hole pattern and drill holes. I ran without the belly pan last week and the drivers side splash guard front bottom 3 pins came out and it rubbed against the tire and wore a massive hole in it. $75 plus shipping for a new one so for now good ole duct tape found another use for me lol.
Well...and heres the part that has me scratching my head...there is no lip or area to drill into to make any holes! The lip is literally missing the center section on the underside where the belly pan screws into! Very bizarre and frustrating to be honest, because I wanted plug and play fitment.

I'm going to have to take a look at how I can get it secured along the front edge, but honestly at this point I think I'm screwed. I may have to be pan-less.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Anderson Composites Type ST Trunk​

Ok, so this is definitely a love it or hate it mod. I have been looking for a new trunk spoiler for a while and just LOVE the way this Anderson Composites trunk has a seamless ducktail wing. The lines, in my opinion, are just gorgeous on this car. Looking at it from every angle, the shape of it just flows so beautifully with the fastback shape of the car and completes the rear end.

I was considering the new Cervinis stalker wing, but when I looked at the price point ($400 unpainted), after paint I would be at around $600. Well, this Anderson Composites trunk isn't too wild in price, and was worth the extra $$$ to get an entire carbon trunk with a spoiler :p

I was planning on having this new trunk sprayed deep impact blue to match the car, and having the decklid panel area sprayed gloss black, to maintain an OEM appearance. Buts its so hard to have the beautiful carbon weave covered up with paint...not sure what to do now. I may just rock the gloss carbon look for now, or I may get it painted....meh....I don't know yet. Going to see how I feel in a few weeks time.

Here is a link to the product on CJ Pony Parts:

http://www.cjponyparts.com/anderson...-spoiler-dual-side-fastback-2015-2017/p/TL46/

Here is a quick run down of the install proceedure (not diffucult at all!)...

-Remove material lining from inside of trunk
-Remove the trunk latch mechanism (3 nuts to remove)
-Unclip wire harness and disconnect from back up camera
-Loosen the 2 bolts on each side for the main trunk hinges
-Transfer camera onto new carbon trunk
-Reverse above steps to install the carbon trunk :)

The only issue I had with fitment was an uneven gap on the left/right sides between the trunk edge and the rear quarter panel. It was only a few mm off from being perfect, so what I did was very slightly drilled out the holes in the hinges to allow me a very small amount of lateral movement to adjust the positioning. When I eventually revert back to the stock trunk, it will not effect reinstall of the stock trunk in any way.

Overall I am very satisfied with the quality of the carbon fiber and the quality of fitment. It is a handmade carbon piece, so it is never going to be OEM fitment, but it was pretty damn good for an entire body panel in my opinion. The main concern for me was having equal gaps on the shut lines, around the tail lights etc ... and it all lined up perfectly. I gapped the edges with a ruler to ensure it is 100% centralized.

I know the bare carbon is an acquired taste, but from the back of the car, it really has a 'wow' effect. Not often you see a car with a full carbon trunk, and it shines so beautifully in the sunlight it almost resembles snake skin.

The anderson trunk reuses all the stock mounting holes on the underside to re-use the fabric liner, so it has a nice complete OEM look from the underside, which I was happy to see.

And the finished install done....

Full car photos to come once I've had time to wax her up :cheers:​

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Tim,

Hope this message finds you well, you haven't posted an update in a while.:thumbsup:
Hi Bill, I'm alive! And so is the car :D

No real mod updates to speak of...just been enjoying the new power and driving it every day!

I have lots more upgrades up my sleeve...stay tuned :)

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Decklid Mod

So, this actually counts as a de-mod. Since I've had the Anderson Composities trunk installed for a few weeks, I'd been chewing over my options as far as getting it painted VS keeping it in bare gloss carbon. I was heavily swaying towards getting it sprayed, and was putting pennies in my piggy bank to pay for a shop to get it painted. But, a little buyers remorse set in as I came close to paying to get it painted. Once I totaled up the amount I would have invested in the panel (having it sprayed was a costly endeavour), I just didn't want to put the money into that mod...I've got other things on my wish list that I'd rather put the money towards.

I came to the conclusion the car looked too in your face race-car look with the carbon trunk in bare carbon finish (my wife strongly agreed LOL!), and so it was either option 1- paint it , or option 2- sell it. In the end I chose option 2 and sold the trunk local sale, within a week of having it advertised.

So, lost a little money selling the trunk, but its all good fun... you have to pay to play as they say! :cheers:

Reverting back to my stock trunk, I purchased a Ecoboost decklid with an OEM Ford matte black emblem. From the rear of the car, other drivers will think I'm driving an Ecoboost...not a GT with a supercharger kit installed :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Just chilling out at work, snapped a quick pic parked up. Love the Procharger intercooler hiding behind the grille...makes me smile.

I've been having SO much fun driving this car at the moment, honestly it blows my mind every time I drive it how I've survived all my life without a 600hp+ daily driver :lol:Just relentless tire shredding power, yet completely docile when you want to just cruise. So happy with the Procharger upgrade :headbang:

Sponsored