DIY: Base model Ambient Light Kit

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
I think diodedynamic has a kit for the footwells but doubt that they have anything for cup holders.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
If you use the OEM kit as I have in the write up it will leave you with 2 LED's for the doors. I will be installing these soon. I tried doing it today but apparently the plastic connector in the door is a real b3^#&. I don't want to dril a new whole and go through that so I will figure out an easy way to do it. Apparently you can connect wiring in the connector but to get the LED working with the full colours and all you need to run 4 wires...

I will update the thread as I get close to the solution.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
You are planning on putting the two unused cup-holder lights in the doors right ??

I'm thinking an easier and more functional place for them would be at the back of the console (like 2010-14 & '15-up Premium) to light up the rear foot wells.

You've already got the console apart to put in the cup-holder, may as well go a little further and put these lights in the back of the console.

Doug

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Any info the completion of the door Leds?
I wondered this too, thanks for bringing it up.

Looks like pumxee has not posted on the forum since May 17th, so who knows what he has been up to.

Doug

Sponsored

Joe_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I purchased the raxiom footwell light kit and want to wire it to be on while i am driving (at night mostly). does anyone know Where i would wire this to?

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I purchased the raxiom footwell light kit and want to wire it to be on while i am driving (at night mostly). does anyone know Where i would wire this to?
I wired mine to the parking lights circuit. They come on at night and when you open the doors, for a certain amount of time.

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I wondered this too, thanks for bringing it up.

Looks like pumxee has not posted on the forum since May 17th, so who knows what he has been up to.

Doug
Hey guys!

Ive been busy moving and stuff so never actually got down to do it. Wiring in the door LED's is super easy but the only thing Ive been having trouble with is getting the wiring from the vehicle through the door. I see no way of doing that without drilling through the door or something.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
sub

ghostmag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Shadow Black
I want these lights on while I'm driving. Will this fuse do that? If not, where should I tap in? I need specifics on location/color of the wire.

Sponsored
OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I want these lights on while I'm driving. Will this fuse do that? If not, where should I tap in? I need specifics on location/color of the wire.
Hey,

If you don't connect the power wire to the parking circuit then you can turn it on off whenever. Even in the day while the sun is out! I mentioned the fuse to use in the first post!

Does that answer your question?

ghostmag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium Shadow Black
Hey,

If you don't connect the power wire to the parking circuit then you can turn it on off whenever. Even in the day while the sun is out! I mentioned the fuse to use in the first post!

Does that answer your question?

I was looking for it to be automatic, but I think ill go with this, I might not want it on all the time anyway.

Thanks!

OP
OP

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I was looking for it to be automatic, but I think ill go with this, I might not want it on all the time anyway.

Thanks!
If you want it to be automatic you have to connect it to the parking lamp wire in the BCM connector. It's the purple and white wire I believe. I didn't want to cut into it myself because it was such a tight connection and im still a notable noob. I just used the fuse instead :p

Botlfed98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys!

Ive been busy moving and stuff so never actually got down to do it. Wiring in the door LED's is super easy but the only thing Ive been having trouble with is getting the wiring from the vehicle through the door. I see no way of doing that without drilling through the door or something.

has there been any update or revelations for the door lighting?

Botlfed98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i had a question about the illuminated cup holders and was wondering if they changed for 2017? I was going to pick some up off of ebay but noticed a 3rd different looking one and was wondering if you guys could enlighten me. The first pic is the one that is puzzling me. The 2nd is the standard non-illuminated and the 3rd is what I'm seeing out there for the illuminated/lighted version.
cup.jpg
cupholder.jpg
holder.jpg
Sponsored