gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Have you installed the dzus fasteners on your APR splitter yet? I like that idea to be able to remove it quickly for street use. Just curious as to which fasteners you used if you had already done this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have not. I think I'm going to make a thicker splitter with a built-in spacer so it is lower to the ground and more effective. Thsee are the fasteners I'll be using though as it's what I have laying around.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I tried out my flex fuel tune last week and seems to be working well so far. I Installed the GT350 intake manifold, throttle body, FRPP 47lb injectors, and JLT intake over the last few days. It wasn't a bad install at all. After debating, I pulled the trigger on JDM's instructions and install kit. I liked their harness extension. I also figured I would get nickeled and dimed and would waste more time/money then just buying the JDM kit. I'm glad I picked it up. Total install time was about 2.5 hours.

I worked on the initial tune today. It's running and idling well so far. I have only worked on idle and cruise so far, WOT tuning tomorrow hopefully.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
A picture from the AutoX today:

Not my best day of driving, but I still managed to win my class. I think everyone was off of their game today:

I grabbed the wrong cable so I couldn't hook up my external mic today. I forgot to hit record on my first two runs and spun on my fourth run... so here is my third run:D
[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Another AutoX this last weekend. I can't wait to get the car back on the road course in the not too distant future.
[ame]

Mission2toilet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP/2017 GTI PP
A picture from the AutoX today:

Not my best day of driving, but I still managed to win my class. I think everyone was off of their game today:

I grabbed the wrong cable so I couldn't hook up my external mic today. I forgot to hit record on my first two runs and spun on my fourth run... so here is my third run:D
You have some skillz. Wow!!

CNTLOSE

It is what it is...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
Awesome build and great videos. Hoping to start autocrossing mine next year. It's been since 2004 since I hit the track and that was in an '03 GT. Many years ago my father and I raced 240z's. He ran a couple times at Mid-Ohio and had a blast. I have yet to do anything but Solo II.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You have some skillz. Wow!!
Thanks! Hoping to make it back out to Road Atlanta one more time before the year ends.

Awesome build and great videos. Hoping to start autocrossing mine next year. It's been since 2004 since I hit the track and that was in an '03 GT. Many years ago my father and I raced 240z's. He ran a couple times at Mid-Ohio and had a blast. I have yet to do anything but Solo II.
Thanks! I bet your new 17 will be a lot more fun than the 03, maybe not the 240Z though :)

Sponsored

Mission2toilet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP/2017 GTI PP
Thanks! Hoping to make it back out to Road Atlanta one more time before the year ends.

Thanks! I bet your new 17 will be a lot more fun than the 03, maybe not the 240Z though :)
I am gonna make time to see you Run when you return lol:hail:

job

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Capri, 85 Audi, 2005 Dodge 2500,2017 GTPP
Brent, What seats did you get with the car? If you got the stock cloth (Not Recaro) how are they for the track?

Thanks

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have the base seats. I wanted the recaro's and actually bought a car with recaro's initially, but the dealership owner sold the car to a friend without the salesman knowing. After a couple days of being poopy faced, I got the one without the recaro's. I think they're fine on track. They don't offer tons of support, but seats have never been something that really bother me on track unless they are leather and you are sliding around alot(C6Z's). I've never rode in the GT recaro's on track to be able to do a comparison. I still keep an eye out for used recaro's to possibly swap in, but not seriously.

I have rode in the GT350 recaro's on track though and they offer a good bit of support for a "stock" seat. I'd never pay the money for them outright as real race seats would be safer, lighter, and cheaper; but cool nonetheless. If I end up getting a GT350 though, I will make sure it has the recaro's.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Great thread. What spring rates did you go with and where did you get a GT350 wheel for $160?

Tall guy? That was probably Aaron Shelby. Really nice guy.

OP
OP
Brent Dalton

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks. They are the standard spring rates on the aFe/pfadt coilovers. I don't have them in front of me right now, but they are posted online, I think in a Aaron Pfadt Q and A. I want to say they are like 400/850.

The GT350 wheel was $160 from Levitown last year. They had a deal in Feb. on the GT350R wheel for like $175 I believe. Def. under $200.

It was Randall. I just didn't want to post his name before.
Sponsored