Ford oil catch cans

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Sounds like you went with Voodoo's suggestion, I did and it worked great. My guess is that the passenger side kit is for both the 5.0L and 5.2L V8's so that could explain variations in fit.
Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Who has the best pricing on these?

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So -had the dealer install them as of day 1 and was curious to see how he cut the foam padding on the driver side only to discover that there is no padding at all! Has this been removed as of MY17 or did the dealer just pull it out as a whole?

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
So -had the dealer install them as of day 1 and was curious to see how he cut the foam padding on the driver side only to discover that there is no padding at all! Has this been removed as of MY17 or did the dealer just pull it out as a whole?
I have a '17 (H0047) and installed my FRPP catch cans and padding was definitely there. I didn't have to cut or remove it to install the catch cans.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did your guys passenger side units come with 2 push pins? The instructions say so but mine only came with one.

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Did your guys passenger side units come with 2 push pins? The instructions say so but mine only came with one.
It is supposed to come with 2, but I know they fall out of the catch can easily. one of my push pins fell while I was installing mine. so it may have fallen out at some point.

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It is supposed to come with 2, but I know they fall out of the catch can easily. one of my push pins fell while I was installing mine. so it may have fallen out at some point.
I see, but I just took it out of the box and it was missing . Is there anywhere to get one? Might be easier than returning the whole unit. I bought from Autonation Ford White Bear Lake.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I see, but I just took it out of the box and it was missing . Is there anywhere to get one? Might be easier than returning the whole unit. I bought from Autonation Ford White Bear Lake.
Try Autozone or Advance Auto. They should have something similar.

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Oil Catch Cans

I know other brands are out there, but didn't ford show some from FRPP?
Why are the catch cans necessary. What issue do they resolve, I understand the reasoning behind a PVC valve, is there a advantage, what is the purpose of catching the oil.

Thanks
:ford::ford::ford::ford:

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Why are the catch cans necessary. What issue do they resolve, I understand the reasoning behind a PVC valve, is there a advantage, what is the purpose of catching the oil.

Thanks
1. Keep your intake valves clean!
2. Ensure no octane degrade = power!

KenF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
Installed the UPR passenger side can this weekend. Kit was super easy to install and build quality was VERY high I was impressed with how solid and well built it was. Now we will see how it does after some miles gets on it.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
1. Keep your intake valves clean!
2. Ensure no octane degrade = power!
Order mine tommorrow, Power is a good thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
IMO, I don't know why anyone would go with an aftermarket catch can versus the FP versions, considering Ford spends countless hours and dollars testing these, they fit and look like OEM, and they will never cause a warranty issue for you.

In reference to those folks that think they aren't necessary, you clearly have never used catch cans before....
Because they still may not be the best choice. I ran the FP catch cans on my 2014 GT for over a year and was still getting liquid oil in the line past the catch can. Previously to the FP can, I was running a Bob's can which never had liquid oil in the line past the can, only a slight oil film.

I recently took off the FP cans on my car and re-installed the Bob's cans. I feel like they work better and they are easier to empty. I liked that the FP cans looked factory but in my application at least, did not work the best.

Wayne
Sponsored