Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
We have been busy ripping into one of our 2016 SS Camaros. Cool car! Ford has their work cut out for them.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Awesome. Would love to hear you review the car when you have time.

Also can you tell us if that spoiler is bolted on (I assume it is).

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Holy heat exchangers, Batman!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
That's a very slick cooling set up...especially when paired with the brake cooling ducts right next to it...

I like it.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Would be interested in hearing BMR's take on the two designs.

Just some things that stick out to me:
1. Camaro looks to be using mostly stamped steel for the rear end, but with nice weight reduction holes. Mustang has the large aluminum lower arm, with smaller steel control arms and integral links. How do the two compare in terms of weight, compliance, and wheel control?

2. Camaro's rear subframe looks to be smaller than the Mustangs. How does the weight of that compare. Any thoughts of making an aluminum version for either car?

3. Camaro's front looks to use much more aluminum than the Mustang. Looks like both front links as well as the sub frame are aluminum, while the Mustang has steel for all. Is that true, or does the Camaro still use steel up front? Any thoughts of making an aluminum front subframe for the Mustang?

4. Camaro looks to have a smoother underbody. Is that true?

5. Camaro has quite a bit of channeling of air to the brakes. I've heard mixed results of similar techniques used on the C7 Vette, but maybe that helps them get away with the relatively small brake rotors.

Finally, you mentioned that Ford has their work cut out for them. In your opinion, what are the areas in which Ford should focus their efforts? Will you be making parts that improve in those areas?

Thanks for the photos. Really cool to see all variations in suspension design even though they are trying to solve essentially the same task.

For reference, here is edmunds suspension walkaround of the Mustang. Gives some similar views for comparison.
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang...15-ford-mustang-gt-suspension-walkaround.html

-T

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Good questions Track. Definitely want those answered and any general question also on where they have their work cut out. In the other thread he does mention the engine/transmissions.

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Nice lookin' Goat convertible!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
From what it looks like so far...GM did go a bit more "all in" on light weighting, stock, the Camaro vs Ford did with the S550...more aluminum for sure.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
From what it looks like so far...GM did go a bit more "all in" on light weighting, stock, the Camaro vs Ford did with the S550...more aluminum for sure.
Ford didn't go all out with their redesign across the board, from platform, to engine, to transmission, to weight, etc. They should have. They left things on the table. They could have had at least the an 8 speed in there. They could have lightened the car more. They could have did more with the Coyote.

Chevy went all out and more and delivered.

Want to see Ford's response too all this and hopefully some in MY '17.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ford didn't go all out with their redesign across the board, from platform, to engine, to transmission, to weight, etc. They should have. They left things on the table. They could have had at least the an 8 speed in there. They could have lightened the car more. They could have did more with the Coyote.

Chevy went all out and more and delivered.

Want to see Ford's response too all this and hopefully some in MY '17.

How didn't Ford go out in new designing S550??????

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
How didn't Ford go out in new designing S550??????
While, it is a great car (the best GT ever), it gained weight, and gained very little HP, while carrying over the same transmission. The Camaro lost over 200 pounds, gained lots of HP and Torque with a better transmission. Performance wise, Ford got smacked in the mouth. Hard.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
This is a 2SS with every option.

Full tank, car scaled in at 3705.

Will answer and update thread as I can. Sorry for any delays. I'm a busy man. Lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.