Sponsored

Pony projector mirror install?

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang V6 w/051a
Hello. I'm fairly new to the forum, just got my stang 4 days ago and so far I'm loving it. Just curious if its possible for me to order projector mirrors and install them on my V6. Did some searching but couldn't find an exact answer for my year and model.:headbonk:
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
its simple.. if wiring is there you can.. but i don think wiring exists for the pony projection lamps in v6 mirrors

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
If you want some advice. Don't bother installing it if it even fits. It's a nice feature to have, but not something I'd go out of my way to have.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
I disagree. If you can figure out how to do it or are able to, it's worth. A very nice novelty that separates us Stangs from the rest of the herd of boring autos out there and something sorely missing from the GT350 :-(

Sponsored

OP
OP
SBLee29

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah,if it's as simple as plug and play then I think it's worth it. Just don't know if the wiring is there on the V6

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Congrats on the new car, and good choice of color. :) I doubt anyone would take these off their premium so getting them used would be extremely difficult. Not going to be too many wrecked cars yet either from junkyards on ebay. That leaves you with ordering the parts through Ford, which I seriously doubt would be cheap.

Good news is you can get a kit for the door sill plates that are lighted. I think that is only around 200 bucks and not too hard to install. Not as visible but in the same arena as a nice light up accent.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I'm pretty sure it's just a premium feature which includes the turn signal indicators on the outside of the mirror and they are heated as well. Liked mentioned see if you have the wiring for the mirrors and if so see if there is power to them.

PSYSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
Not sure if you are still interested in this, but they can be added to your stock mirrors. Tasca parts has the projectors for around $20 each. The wiring is not in the door though and you have to do some trimming of the bracing inside the mirror. They can be wired to your dome light circuit and will fade off with the dome light.

OP
OP
SBLee29

SBLee29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you are still interested in this, but they can be added to your stock mirrors. Tasca parts has the projectors for around $20 each. The wiring is not in the door though and you have to do some trimming of the bracing inside the mirror. They can be wired to your dome light circuit and will fade off with the dome light.
Link please

Sponsored

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I installed the pony projectors into my mirrors. I bought the ones that you have listed which are for a 14 mustang. They are aimed an entirely different direction than the 15' and will not fit without cutting up the inside of the mirror. You will have to trim quite a bit of the bracing inside of the mirror as well as the tabs on the front trim piece. I thought I had a picture but could not find it, sorry. There is no wiring for the mirror so you will have to run your own.

PSYSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
I had to trim some bracing, but the tabs did not interfere with mine. I think I have some pictures still of the inside bracing that I had to cut, but I'm not sure how to post them. Mine turned out in line with the car.

PSYSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6
This is the placement I used for them. Sorry for the over sized pics. I'm new to actually posting stuff on forums and still trying to figure it all out.
IMG_1530.jpg
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1535.jpg

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
My lights are also in line with the car. I put mine in a different spot in the housing than you did.

Sponsored