JLT Brake cooling kit for the 2015 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
New designed Grille Bezels and a few other parts and we made a kit 2015 specific.

This brings in cool air to your brakes. Anyone who has done any Autocross, SCCA, road coarse or even heavy on road braking knows how important it is to keep your brake system cool. This kit brings cool air from your grille area to the center of your rotor for even cooling. This helps avoid brake fade under extreme driving conditions.

The 2015+ Mustang does not have provisions in the bumper like the GT500 does for an add on brake cooling kit. Therefore, we designed a Grille Bezel that replaces the fog lights perfectly.
The bezel snaps into the fog light opening and attaches to the included duct work to the JLT backing plate.

This kit from JLT is our own design and includes custom aluminum backing plates, 2.5" brake cooling hose, pair of Grille Bezels, and all clamps and needed hardware.

Grille Bezels are available in your choice of Clear Anodized (silver) or Black Anodized finish.

This is not made up of cheap junk parts, it’s just priced right!

Complete kit priced at $229

Mustang6g forum members receive 5% off their order with code: MF6G5%

Purchase here: http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=445_453&products_id=701

Pictures:

Sponsored

Last edited:

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
damn I would love to retain my stock fogs :( buts I guess you gotta make sacrifices to be about that racecar life lol

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
New designed Grille Bezels and a few other parts and we made a kit 2015 specific.

This brings in cool air to your brakes. Anyone who has done any Autocross, SCCA, road coarse or even heavy on road braking knows how important it is to keep your brake system cool. This kit brings cool air from your grille area to the center of your rotor for even cooling. This helps avoid brake fade under extreme driving conditions.

The 2015+ Mustang does not have provisions in the bumper like the GT500 does for an add on brake cooling kit. Therefore, we designed a Grille Bezel that replaces the fog lights perfectly.
The bezel snaps into the fog light opening and attaches to the included duct work to the JLT backing plate.

This kit from JLT is our own design and includes custom aluminum backing plates, 2.5" brake cooling hose, pair of Grille Bezels, and all clamps and needed hardware.

Grille Bezels are available in your choice of Clear Anodized (silver) or Black Anodized finish.

This is not made up of cheap junk parts, it’s just priced right!

Complete kit priced at $229

Mustang6g forum members receive 5% off their order with code: MF6G5%

Pictures:

The brake ducts do look good but for those who want to retain their fog lights is there anyway you could do a kit that utilises the space in the lower grille which is circled in the pic?? Open up the honeycomb in this area like it is in front of the radiator and then feed the air from there.
Mustang brake ducts option 2.jpg

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
damn I would love to retain my stock fogs :( buts I guess you gotta make sacrifices to be about that racecar life lol

Yes sir, function over form right? :cheers:

Good news is, there's no cutting so everything is reversible.

Looks awesome
Thanks!

The brake ducts do look good but for those who want to retain their fog lights is there anyway you could do a kit that utilises the space in the lower grille which is circled in the pic?? Open up the honeycomb in this area like it is in front of the radiator and then feed the air from there.
It would be a very tight fit in those blanks as they are pretty narrow, hard to make it look good.

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Yes sir, function over form right? :cheers:

Good news is, there's no cutting so everything is reversible.

Thanks!

It would be a very tight fit in those blanks as they are pretty narrow, hard to make it look good.
The part that bolts on near to the calipers in your kit, can we buy this separately? It looks like a nice piece :)

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I commend JLT for getting a brake kit out there for a reasonable price. I think for the serious track enthusiast they should offer an up grade to the backing plate. You want ALL the air going through the rotor to do that you need to be as close as possible to the rotor, like this.

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Here's a picture of it with the rotor attached. Most of the people who purchase this kit are serious track enthusiasts, you match this kit with the proper set of brake pads and fluid you'll go a long way into support the brake system of the car with problem free consistent operation.

This is a picture of the setup on our '13 for reference of the gap.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
I've been waiting to see when these would be ready! Very happy to see a black option :thumbsup:
So many good parts popping up- I'm gonna be broke by summer lol

JustSpeed7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
That's exactly what I want someone to produce that would be awesome especially with my lethal performance lower grill delete if JLT produced inserts that went into those side pieces and used all the same hardware from their current foglight kit it would be perfect so that way we can still use the our fogs.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
If it werent for giving up the fogs I'd be all over this.

You should be able to switch back to factory fogs pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
That's exactly what I want someone to produce that would be awesome especially with my lethal performance lower grill delete if JLT produced inserts that went into those side pieces and used all the same hardware from their current foglight kit it would be perfect so that way we can still use the our fogs.

I may get the kit, and adapt it to my LP grille. Love the kit, but swapping my fogs for track days would get old quick.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.