Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Pretty crappy that you post that your car is fixed 100% but will not tell us how they fixed it ..:rant:
I noticed that, too. But give this Italian chap some time - it has only been 3 hours since his post.
Sponsored

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Pretty crappy that you post that your car is fixed 100% but will not tell us how they fixed it ..:rant:
I noticed that, too. But give this Italian chap some time - it has only been 3 hours since his post.
For first, I live in Italy but I'm not italian, please :tsk:

For second, I cannot say how it was fixed because I don't know what they exactly did. But anyway, there are some useful info. The driveshaft that was replaced in germany probably had excessive runout, otherwise they wouldn't replace it. My halfshafts are in the queue to be replaced soon for the same reason, but wasn't replaced yet because they weren't causing that vibration.

A driveshaft cannot runout in 10k miles and halfshafts nether. This means the runout of driveshaft, halfshafts or bearings are not the cause but a consequence of the problem.

You should blame ford, not me :frusty:

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I was just told by dealer #3 that the vibration is within spec, but still there. Bullshit. Last Mustang, last Ford, last American car. PERIOD!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I was just told by dealer #3 that the vibration is within spec, but still there. Bullshit. Last Mustang, last Ford, last American car. PERIOD!
Bmw's have oil leaks, Subarus bad head gaskets, Hondas are tin can death traps, audis electrical probs, every car has its niche issue its just a matter of which one is the one you can deal with! This may seem easy for me to say since i dont have the vibration, but it also happens to be true!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Bmw's have oil leaks, Subarus bad head gaskets, Hondas are tin can death traps, audis electrical probs, every car has its niche issue its just a matter of which one is the one you can deal with! This may seem easy for me to say since i dont have the vibration, but it also happens to be true!
You are right but this is not my first car, but the first one that kills my joy of ownership. They offered me a 45K mile oil changes and tire rotations. What a joke!

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
You are right but this is not my first car, but the first one that kills my joy of ownership. They offered me a 45K mile oil changes and tire rotations. What a joke!
Go trade it in on something else- you won't be happy til you do. Don't let this keep you pissed off forever. I realized that my Mustang was not going to get fixed and probably get worse. I wanted something more comfortable anyways. I got what I consider crazy trade in value on mine on the Challenger. If you are happy with the V6 in the Mustang, you will be happier with the V6 and 8 speed trans in the Challenger. It is very, very smooth. With car sales down again last month, I think you can work a really good deal on another car and be happy again.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
Anybody try to shim their steady bearing to adjust the driveshaft angle?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody try to shim their steady bearing to adjust the driveshaft angle?
There are guys in this thread that have done this and it worked for them!!!

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
For first, I live in Italy but I'm not italian, please :tsk:

For second, I cannot say how it was fixed because I don't know what they exactly did. But anyway, there are some useful info. The driveshaft that was replaced in germany probably had excessive runout, otherwise they wouldn't replace it. My halfshafts are in the queue to be replaced soon for the same reason, but wasn't replaced yet because they weren't causing that vibration.

A driveshaft cannot runout in 10k miles and halfshafts nether. This means the runout of driveshaft, halfshafts or bearings are not the cause but a consequence of the problem.

You should blame ford, not me :frusty:
Is there any way you can call them or something and pry the information out of them for what they did? I mean it is your car, you kinda have the right to know exactly what they did. It might help those of us that have the vibration. :thumbsup:

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Is there any way you can call them or something and pry the information out of them for what they did? I mean it is your car, you kinda have the right to know exactly what they did. It might help those of us that have the vibration. :thumbsup:
Well, this was a deal I made. I should pay only if they fix the vibration and only the hours to fix. Not the research and many attempts they did to fix, reproduce the vibration, and fix it again. They had to get one sane mustang too to put them side by side...

I can give you their contacts, maybe they listen your pry ;)

Sponsored

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
Well, this was a deal I made. I should pay only if they fix the vibration and only the hours to fix. Not the research and many attempts they did to fix, reproduce the vibration, and fix it again. They had to get one sane mustang too to put them side by side...

how much did they charge you and how long was the car there?
have you checked underneath?
maybe they shimmed the tranny or steady bearing mount?

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I'm wondering how many of you who have the vibration also experienced shifter lock out. What would cause shifter lock out. Under high torque the tranny and body mounted shifter are too far out of alignment? Maybe on the cars that vibrate the centerline of the motor and tranny are out of alignment with the centerline of the car.

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack

Unfortunately the international calling rates would probably be astronomical.

how much did they charge you and how long was the car there?
have you checked underneath?
maybe they shimmed the tranny or steady bearing mount?
I second this.

I'm wondering how many of you who have the vibration also experienced shifter lock out. What would cause shifter lock out. Under high torque the tranny and body mounted shifter are too far out of alignment? Maybe on the cars that vibrate the centerline of the motor and tranny are out of alignment with the centerline of the car.
I've not had that problem. The only time I've ever had a problem going into gear is when the tranny is still a bit cold, and even then, it required very little extra effort.

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
Bought a '17 GT. Didn't know about this issue, found it after driving home from dealer. Thought about un-doing the deal but I liked the car. Put in for service, replaced drive shaft. Better by about 80 percent. Still to annoying. Figured they got two more tries. Not being one to leave anything mechanical alone if it's not right, I did the hose clamp on car baance as described in this thread. One hose camp in the correct spot and bingo. Vibration is 97 percent gone and rumble is not present at any speed. Only had it to 85 mph. This is really easy to do, just be patient and detail minded.I ended up using only one clamp. Now I'm a happy Stang owner. So far a great group of people.
Just sharing my experience in the hope it helps someone.
Lester

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Mine does it in fifth gear at 60mph. Feel it in the steering, floorboard,pedals. Add it to the list.
Sponsored