BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
At the low numbers topnotch mentioned, I don't think there would be a problem with epa. There are enough others gas sippers sold that they could do it. Problem is at 100k and 30k+ adm. Maybe make it an application process and even still, insiders and gen 2 GT buyers would get first shot haha.
Chevy is working on a large displacement engine as well. Some say to put in the mid engine. I think it's going in the new z28.
This is real and it's going to happen. Boss 429... start saving some dough.
If it indeed comes with a 7 Liter, I agree we will probably see our first 100k Stang before dealerships mark them up.
Sponsored

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Me to. I would buy a super charged version but I'm really pulling for the twins!
That would be awesome but I've heard Ford ditched the TT setup because they are trying to keep the price reasonable. It's a SC engine right now. :frusty:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If it indeed comes with a 7 Liter, I agree we will probably see our first 100k Stang before dealerships mark them up.
I seriously doubt that. There is much more technology in a FPC than a high-cube CPC and cost would likely be cheaper to produce a stroked 6.2L that exists rather than build an all new FPC which suggests Ford could keep a larger displacement GT500 under $80k.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
At the low numbers topnotch mentioned, I don't think there would be a problem with epa. There are enough others gas sippers sold that they could do it. Problem is at 100k and 30k+ adm. Maybe make it an application process and even still, insiders and gen 2 GT buyers would get first shot haha.
Chevy is working on a large displacement engine as well. Some say to put in the mid engine. I think it's going in the new z28.
Haven't you heard? Trump is slapping the cuffs on those EPA fascists! We are GOOD TO GO! :headbang:

I also wonder what an auto journalist was doing standing on the gravel, of the side of an Arizona road, at the same time a camo'ed Mustang drove by. Seems like too good of timing :)
The photo is so clear it even looks like the Mustang was stopped or barely moving when the photo was taken. Seems staged to me.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I think if this is the car to overtake the zl1 they need to name it the shelby gt-550! Also ford had a ton of r&d with twin turbos ie : The ecoboost, therefore it should be a twin turbo set up! 800 hp is not unrealistic with this set up and it will beat up on the Dodge Demon!!!

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Interesting. I have heard the exact opposite, that their working on something small, smaller than the recent speculation on a 5.5L for the Z28 that people were talking about.

Haven't you heard? Trump is slapping the cuffs on those EPA fascists! We are GOOD TO GO! :headbang:
Only companies that were struggling in their planning for 2054 are relieved. No one is changing plans, what was in place or in process is still being pursued. It is more likely that things will do a complete 180 in 4 years or less, than get deregulated more.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Interesting. I have heard the exact opposite, that their working on something small, smaller than the recent speculation on a 5.5L for the Z28 that people were talking
Do some more searching and you'll find some info. It actually came up on these boards as well. Don't know how true it is but one thing is true. Ford will have a decision to put the 7.x into something if they desire.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Do some more searching and you'll find some info. It actually came up on these boards as well. Don't know how true it is but one thing is true. Ford will have a decision to put the 7.x into something if they desire.
GM may be building something, on the truck side. I am not sure if it is going in a car though.

It's tough to get that stuff through CARB. I know the Hellcat was tough, and the Demon squeaked by, and that why the LS7 hasn't continued forward, and why forced induction was pursued in the Z06.

Something small with 8 cylinders from GM is also in the works.

Ford is limited in a very similar way on the displacement side.

We'll see. It's all very exciting.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Worth pointing out......this would appear to be a different prototype from the first one, posted in this thread.

The first one didn't have a rear wing and the rear bumper didn't have any cow-camo :)

attachment.jpg

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Looks like two mules? Possibly the two different choices we had talked about GT500 n GT500KR? Hopefully so!