bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If your worried about a used car being abused. You might want to stay away from sports cars all together. I'm of the mind that these cars come from the factory built to take a beating. I mean what could possibly be don't to a rental car that you haven't already done to your own Mustang? Burn out? Big Deal. Hard launch? Who cares!
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I bought a used SN95 V6 rental car back in the 90's. 3 weeks after buying it the engine blew, I had another engine put in and a few months later the head gasket went. I had a ton of other issues with the car as well. I'd try to find a non-rental car.

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
I buy hundreds up to about 1000 used cars per year and a good portion are rental cars. Most of them i certify from the factory for extra warranty. With that being said, I don't have any more problems with rentals than I do with peoples late model tradeins. The best thing to do is drive a few of them. Some are way nicer than others. Look, smell and drive is what i suggest.

OP
OP
canyon ed

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
With the 2018s coming up I think there will be several used 2016-17s coming up sale soon.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
I rented a v6 convertible and a v6 camaro vert for a week when I was in vegas with friends and drove them to LA, we abused the hell out of them for the week.

We were not impressed by the mustang it felt wobbly and lacked power, I wouldnt buy a v6 vert IMO, was good fun though !

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I rented a v6 convertible and a v6 camaro vert for a week when I was in vegas with friends and drove them to LA, we abused the hell out of them for the week.

We were not impressed by the mustang it felt wobbly and lacked power, I wouldnt buy a v6 vert IMO, was good fun though !
Strange you weren't impressed. Considering the V6 has the exact same power and performance numbers as your EB.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Strange you weren't impressed. Considering the V6 has the exact same power and performance numbers as your EB.
I know that's what left me scratching my head, as if the rental company had dialed it down! the camaro felt much quicker and was quicker

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wound not consider a used, rental Mustang any differently from any used Mustang.....good chance it has been beat on a few times in either case. I had a '91 GT 5.0 that I drove for 4 years and 100K+ miles. I smoked the tires countless times, loaned it friends, both my Dad and Sister drove it at times when their car was down, I had a company vehicle too. The car even had the original clutch when I traded it.....granted, the clutch was about 98% gone. Long story short, if I found a ex-rental Mustang I wanted and the price was right....I'd buy in a heartbeat.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I bought a used rental by accident, and will never do it again. I have also never bought a used car since then either. i bought it before Carfax and such services so I could not find the history like you can today,

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I ordered mine new in 2015- never regretted it. It's fast, I've made some mods that I wanted, get good gas mileage and damn fine performance. If you can get a rental that looks, drives and smells good- then by all means do it! It will be a lot of fun making it truly your own :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
canyon ed

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I have seen you really have to do your research and or take a trip to the auction W/a dealer.
Sponsored