Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Do you have force data for the 35lb Steeda spring to add for contrast? What did you use to take the measurements?

Thanks for the awesome contribution!
I didn't because I never bought the Steeda spring. If I knew the free length of the spring I could compare it to the others in my list. The calculations in Post #930 are based on the spring free length, spring rate and the distance it is compressed in both pedal positions.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
I didn't because I never bought the Steeda spring. If I knew the free length of the spring I could compare it to the others in my list. The calculations in Post #930 are based on the spring free length, spring rate and the distance it is compressed in both pedal positions.
Ahhh.. Ok. It's mathematically calculated but not measured.

I have a steeda coming early next week. I will measure the free length with my calipers and reply back.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhh.. Ok. It's mathematically calculated but not measured.

I have a steeda coming early next week. I will measure the free length with my calipers and reply back.
I did measure the compressed length of an installed spring at both pedal positions, then calculated from there. Yeah, give me the Steeda spring free length and I'll do the numbers.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Ok i put in the 44lb Tacoma spring. The firmness in the pedal is a bit lighter but still noticed the quarter inch of pedal play on release. I held both the Tacoma spring and Steeda spring side by side and they are the exact same length/height. The Tacoma springs coils are a bit thicker.

There were times that the steeda spring would not return completely( quarter inch or so) on release but it was hit or miss. I found myself constantly pulling up on the clutch everytime with my toes when i released it which is a no go for me. I hope this Tacoma spring doesnt do that or I am ordering $50 worth of 60lbers lol.

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I guess I got lucky with mine...never had any play, ever.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I guess I got lucky with mine...never had any play, ever.
Yea theres a good chance my clutch pedal has more throw then others, probably why I dont have a problem removing the stock spring by hand. Nobody believes me on that lol.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok i put in the 44lb Tacoma spring. The firmness in the pedal is a bit lighter but still noticed the quarter inch of pedal play on release.
Do you mean the pedal does come all the way up, but here is that 1/4" soft spot (free play) present? If so, that's totally normal.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yea theres a good chance my clutch pedal has more throw then others, probably why I dont have a problem removing the stock spring by hand. Nobody believes me on that lol.
You might want to have your dealer look at it. That doesn't sound good at all.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
:thumbsup:
Do you mean the pedal does come all the way up, but here is that 1/4" soft spot (free play) present? If so, that's totally normal.
My pedal doesn't have any play. But I'm not normal either.

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
The pedal seems to come all the way up on the Tacoma spring but yes there is a quarter inc soft spot on initial push with my finger before real resistance is felt. If thats not a big deal as far as clutch drag than were all good.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've got no spring AND peace of mind, plus no undue clutch wear. The myth of premature clutch wear from pulling assist spring is just that...a myth.
Yeah, I call bullshit on that one too.....

Anyone that thinks the '15 clutch with no spring is too stiff should go drive a '07-'09 GT500....then you'll really know what a stiff clutch pedal is. IMO, the '15 pedal effort is perfect without the spring.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pedal seems to come all the way up on the Tacoma spring but yes there is a quarter inc soft spot on initial push with my finger before real resistance is felt. If thats not a big deal as far as clutch drag than were all good.
That 1/4" of soft play before the real resistance is felt is 100% normal. That how all clutches are basically setup.
Sponsored