Sponsored

No lift shift

S550pp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (performance pack)
is it possible to perform a no lift shift on a stock GT pp? Trying to speed up my 1/4
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Of course it is. I do it all the time just takes practice. It should give you 1-2 tenths in the 1/4.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
So hard on stuff that way. Get the n2omb box, or ford racing tunes with no lift shift.

OP
OP
S550pp

S550pp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (performance pack)
What do you mean by harder on things without the tune? How does the stage 1 make no lift shifts easier on the car?

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
What do you mean by harder on things without the tune? How does the stage 1 make no lift shifts easier on the car?
It cuts the accel/fuel for a split second when you shift. Allows you to just keep your foot to the floor as you bang thru the gears.

Sponsored

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
It cuts the accel/fuel for a split second when you shift. Allows you to just keep your foot to the floor as you bang thru the gears.
Is it worth the investment? Wouldn't this tune be worthless with a blower or any power adders?

Lmk pls thanks

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Is it worth the investment? Wouldn't this tune be worthless with a blower or any power adders?

Lmk pls thanks
if you have a power adder, then your car is carrying an aftermarket tune. simply ask the tuner to add it to your file, shouldnt cost anything. what do you mean by worthless? no lift shift would be very valuable if you are racing a car with forced induction, unless you dont care about wasted time between shifts.

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
Simply add it to your file, Can you explain? I am looking for a CAI and Tune, I was told by Ford Per that the PP2 that comes with the no lift shift can not be tuned to account for additional upgrades such as headers to the car. If for example I choose to go pro-charged I would need a custom tune that works with my non stock set up. I was told that it would override the ford tune and I would lose the no lift shift. This is why I say worthless, why would I pay 700 dollars for something that gets replaced in 6 to 9 months.
Please let me know if this is not the case, but I was actually unaware you could mash together tunes from different places.

Thank you for your time.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Simply add it to your file, Can you explain? I am looking for a CAI and Tune, I was told by Ford Per that the PP2 that comes with the no lift shift can not be tuned to account for additional upgrades such as headers to the car. If for example I choose to go pro-charged I would need a custom tune that works with my non stock set up. I was told that it would override the ford tune and I would lose the no lift shift. This is why I say worthless, why would I pay 700 dollars for something that gets replaced in 6 to 9 months.
Please let me know if this is not the case, but I was actually unaware you could mash together tunes from different places.

Thank you for your time.
he doesnt mean they get mashed together.. the new tuner would be able to set it up for no lift shift.. if youre going procharger i wouldnt waste time with the ford packages at all

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
he doesnt mean they get mashed together.. the new tuner would be able to set it up for no lift shift.. if youre going procharger i wouldnt waste time with the ford packages at all
I actually have no idea about tunes, I came from a old keep wrangler. What I know is what I've looked up or answers to questions based on what I've looked up.

So it would be possible for other tuners to load their own version of a no lift shift?
I do plan procharger which is why I called it worthless, I should have specified "for me".

Thank you for your reply

Sponsored

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
We offer no-lift-shift tunes for your vehicle. Package it with the Sever Windstorm kit and see gains upwards of 55rwhp over your otherwise stick vehicle.
Can this be done remotely? Michigan is a tad far :) Would there be any complications that would arise from a remote tune that wouldn't otherwise be present if it was done in person?

Thank you for the answers.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Can this be done remotely? Michigan is a tad far :) Would there be any complications that would arise from a remote tune that wouldn't otherwise be present if it was done in person?

Thank you for the answers.
if youre going procharger in 6 months why not just save that money. or just do some exhaust?

carlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt vert
if youre going procharger in 6 months why not just save that money. or just do some exhaust?
Well considering I need a tune when I install the procharger, I just wanted to know if a no lift shift outside of ford was available. Since it is available thats the route I will go.

I am sorry if I was not clear.
Sponsored