Sponsored

Can't keep back of car/decklid clean

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
^ Yep. we have a guy here who only dusts his car, hasn't washed it since purchase... terrifying, he must be legally blind.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
All this wiping of dust going on lol. I can just picture swirl city

Leave the dust! The only time it should ever be wiped off is when your washing it. Does more harm than good.
This. Sort of.

Since it is polished plastic, even wiping with a microfiber rag can leave swirls. I put clear film over mine. (Caution - clear film does NOT stick to this panel very well.)

I agree that it is safest to wash it.
Next option is California Duster, as suggested in other threads.
I thought of carrying a can of compressed air duster in the trunk, followed by dry MF rag.

Covering in vinyl is a good idea, even if you kept it gloss black. Just peel it off when it comes time to sell the car.

Yeah, it's a First World problem.
20170223_135932.jpg

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Hey guys new poster here. I have a 16 CO GT base package with spoiler delete. I have noticed I can clean the car and after driving down the road and back the back end esp the black trunk decklid gets covered in what looks to be just regular dust maybe a mix of brake dust. It wipes right off but it is driving me crazy. It gets all over tail lights as well. Anyone else experience this? I am thinking of maybe swapping out the back pads to see if that helps or I was also thinking it was from not having a spoiler. Help.
It's the way the air comes over/around and fills in behind the car that gets it dirty. Spoiler or not, it's going to happen. Has nothing to do with the brake pads, especially the back ones (not sure what you were thinking on that one).

Not much you can do without modding the surface with a wrap or something. There are 3 terrific ways to keep from noticing it's dirty:

1. Don't look at it when you get in the car.
2. Back in to parking spaces that are against an object like a wall.
3. Drive really fast so the guy behind you can't see it.
Sponsored